Chapter Four

Allison

After my shopping spree with Shelley, I loaded my bags of clothes into the trunk of my car and headed for home.

By the time I got home, it was 5:15pm.
I spent the whole day at the mall, And I needed to get ready for my date with John.

Ugh, I have to stop thinking of it like a date! Because it's not. It's just a friendly encounter. We're just hanging out. It's not like anything is going to happen anyway, I told him I have a boyfriend.

So, I got ready for my "friendly encounter".

I went into my bedroom and picked out an outfit: a wavy black skirt with gold circle things printed on it with a black crop-top that exposed half an inch of my stomach. I got changed and ran to the bathroom to curl my hair.

An hour later, I was ready.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
I drove into the movie theater parking lot and parked next to John's car. I mentally prepared myself for the "friendly encounter".

Okay, breathe. I thought to myself.
I reluctantly stepped out of my car, constantly repeating to myself that it's just a friendly encounter.

"You look beautiful." said John after staring at me blankly with his mouth gaping open.

"Thanks, it's just something I threw together. You like it?" I asked.

"Oh yeah..." John said eyeing me up and down.

I have to admit, I liked the attention.

"Well, let's go catch the movie!" I said interrupting John's consistent staring.

"Oh, yeah... the movie! Right. Let's go." John said as he placed his hand softly on my lower back, leading me to the box office.