Bags dropped on the sidewalk in front of the shabby looking two story. The frail girl dragged the large suit cases up to the front porch. She knocked, tired from the flight. You'd expect a girl who could afford to go to a performing arts school to live in the north side of Chicago, not the south. That's because her mother is a stripper and her father is a paid hit man, the best in the business.

While she stood there for a good five minutes, she looked around at her surroundings. The cold Chicago air, the same dusty cars parked out front. She reminisced on it. "It's good to be back", she smiled, glad to be back with her family.

The door finally opened, her mom opening the door, "Mariana you're back! We missed you so much. Come in, come in," her mom hugged her," Boys! Come get your sisters bags!"

You could hear the trampling of an abundance of feet. Six boys came down and each grabbed a bag. How Mariana carried everything on her own is a mystery. Everything in her house was the same as when she left, messy and chaotic, but in a nice warming way.

"Blanca, who was that at the door?" Mariana's father walked out of the kitchen, a pistol in hand. His chains were making a clinking sound.

"Joe, put the gun down, Mariana is back." Her mom shooed the gun away, not liking her husband's "work supplies" near her children.

"My little Ana is home?" Mariana was his little princess, due to her being his only daughter. He hugged the young girl, who looked a little older than she really was–with her makeup on. "I can't believe we missed your fifteenth birthday mija."

"That was months ago dad, it's okay." The quiet girl shrugged, not wanting attention on her. Mariana plopped herself on the black leather couch, tired from walking all the way from the airport shuttle stop.

"We still are planning your quince, don't think we forgot!" He responded, walking back into the kitchen.

"Don't think we didn't get you presents, your brothers bought you some too!" Her mother squealed in excitement, running upstairs. Mariana laughed at the overexcited woman.

Coming down the stairs were her siblings, gifts in hands. Her mother came down last, with the biggest gift of all. They all sat down around her on the floor and sat the gifts on the dark wooden coffee table. Mariana smiled at the thought of her brothers purchasing something for her, usually they bought her things they wanted and wrapped it in sports themed wrapping paper, but this time it was nicely wrapped in pinks and purples, topped with intricate ribbons and bows.

"I want her to open mine first," her youngest brother spoke softly. He was only at the age of six, yet he was smart enough to be in the third grade. His big green doe eyes glistened with pureness.

"Okay Cody, you go first." Their mother nodded in permission to the small child. Cody picked the baby pink box up, bells jingling from atop. He set it down on her lap.

"Wow Cody, this sure is heavy." Mariana smiled, wondering if it could be the sewing machine she wanted. She carefully tore open the box, and used her matte black knife to open the Manila box itself. Exuberant, she pushed aside the flaps, not wanting to wait to see what it was. "Wow, Cody... It's great. I love it. I always wanted a boulder for my room."

The young boy smiled, showing his missing teeth. Mariana set the rock back in the box. She set the box down beside her then tapped on her thighs in anticipation. The Hispanic girl pursed her lips.

"I'll give her mine next I guess." Her twelve year old brother mumbled. He was the palest of them all, always wore a black hoodie and had a fringe. You could say he was emo. He handed her the rectangular plum purple box.