fifteen

I'm dedicating this lovely chapter to @fionakeane she's one of my favorite authors and deserves so much more recognition. Her story Boston Latte  is one of my favorites and I swear it will be yours too if you give a shot. It makes you feel so many different emotions and it's incredible and beautiful and so much more. Thank you also for giving me inspiration to write again.

                                                                          Oh, damn these walls

In the moment, we're ten feet tall

Edited 

      Everyone is out of the house except for Jamie, grandpa and I. Dad was called in from the hospital, he promised that he would be home in time for dinner. Mom decided to be a good person and take Stephanie shopping, since nobody else can stand being around that women. She asked if I wanted to join them, but I declined. I don't want to see Stephanie the rape supporter, I much rather spend time with my grandpa and Jamie.

   "Ava, can you get the door please?"

   "I'll be right back. Jamie make sure grandpa doesn't look at my cards."

   "Yes sis!" From the corner of my eyes I see Jamie cover them with his hands, giving a grandpa a warning.

   "I would never! Ava Camille O'Brien De Donato how dare you insult your poor grandfather?" I hear him calling out for me as I'm opening the front door.

   "Wow that's a long ass name." Abdul says with a smile that manages to bring one upon my face as well.

   "Hello, to you too."

   "Hello hurricane." He bites his lower lip and I catch the small hint of pink reach his cheeks.

   "Why are you here?"

   "Well I texted and tried calling you, but you never responded. I even called the house phone, but nobody answered."

   "That's because nobody answers their house phone." My remark makes us both laugh.

   "Which is why, I came to see you." He takes a step closer, standing directly in front of my chest.

  Do not let those pretty, brown eyes distract you.

   "Abdul, I haven't been ignoring you on purpose. My grandfather is only here until the weekend and I hardly ever get the opportunity to see him, I want to spend these last days with him.

   "Now I feel like an asshole."

   "You're not an asshole."

   "Can I at least meet him? I haven't seen you in forever, I miss you." His eyes land on my lips.

  Oh no, you don't.

     He leans down-

   "Ava is everything alright?" My grandfather's voice makes Abdul jump backwards almost making him fall to the floor.

   "Good afternoon sir, I'm Abdul. It's a pleasure to meet you." Abdul takes out his hand, grandpa just stares at it for a few seconds before grabbing it rather harshly.