-

Jade

I was pacing back and forth in the new house, running my fingers through my hair. Rebekah and Elijah should have been back thirty minutes ago. I mean, they're vampires, can't they use their speed to easily get the stuff from my house? I sighed in frustration, walking over into the living room and slumping myself down on a couch left in this house, thinking back to the moment when I had to leave it behind.

Days ago, when Klaus and I had been at the house after kicking Marcel out, he had left me alone for a bit to tend for the items I needed. And he had to make a phone call too. But there was only one thing I had needed from this place. When I went to retrieve it, it wouldn't obey. It wouldn't come with me. It had told me "Where would you put me, without having the risk of your friends discovering me?" That was true. I wouldn't go through the risk of anyone finding it. So I told it I would visit it a couple days a week. That I'd be back soon.. To make sure it is safe. But I had not visited it yet when I desperately needed to, mostly because the golden trio had not let me out of their sight. But this was the first time I had finally been left alone, but it didn't matter since Rebekah and Elijah were at the one place I needed to go to.

I was left alone in the new house, the siblings giving me some space to adjust to it for myself. I've adjusted enough however, already slowly growing sick of this house. Klaus was who knows where, but when I woke up this morning, he was gone.

I knew moving out was inevitable, what with Marcel stalking me and possibly sending his vampires for me. But the anxiety overwhelmed me, afraid that Elijah and Rebakah would find what I had been hiding for years. But most of all, I was afraid of them getting harmed by what I had been hiding, knowing that if they got hurt the blame would be placed on me. I understood that they were Original vampires and could only be killed by stakes created from the white oak, so there was nothing too big to worry about.

I thought of happy thoughts in an attempt to calm my anxiety. I thought of the fairly normal life I had had before I knew vampires existed, before any of my family and friends had either died, ran away, or got turned into one of those.. monsters.

The sudden sound of the door opening harshly caused me to jump in surprise. I had been laying sprawled out on the couch though as I felt myself slip to the floor. I moaned at the impact of the soft carpeting against my face, providing slight cushion that limited the impact.

Rebekah was also on the floor before me, mimicking me with a smirk on her lips. I jolted right back up on my feet, ignoring her as I sat back down on the couch. Within a second she was sprawled out on the couch next to me, resting her feet on my lap as she watched me curiously.

"Where's Elijah?" That question was unessesary for me to ask since I already knew where he must be. I just pray to God that he doesn't find it.

"Still at your house silly." A pause. Her face then softened slightly, looking at me in pity. "Look, Jade. I know we came off to a rough start.. Sorry about that. I didn't mean it." Another pause. I laughed, shaking my head, knowing for sure that she did mean it. "Wait, I actually did mean it. But now that I see how important you mean to my brothers, I wont be as vile as Nik and murder you off right away." I rose my eyebrow at the last words that escaped her mouth. Klaus wouldn't act that vile. But the look in Rebekah's eyes told me she wasn't lying.

"Ok." I said, ignoring the gut feeling in my stomach that had started to form, telling me that Eljiah would find it. Why else would he stay behind and not leave with Rebekah?

"Do you mind if I give you some advice Jade?" Rebekah didn't give me the chance to reply.

"Don't get too close to Nik. My brother is more dangerous than you think he is." I knew that. I've seen a just a hint of his cruel side. But at the same time he was dangerous, there was also a gentleness to him that he showed sometimes. And then there was that annoying part that made me want to punch him.