Chapter 4: A Broken Heart, a Broken Entrance, and a Broken Rep

"OPAL! Come on you silly muffin hater get up!" Alicia yelled in my ear, followed by a vicious shaking of the bed that could only be from her. I scrunched my face up in disapproval, and buried myself deeper into my comforter.

"Alicia, this better be good because I do NOT like being woken up and you of all people should know that," I said, throwing away my sheets to glare at my friend. Helix was next to her, sheepishly looking around awkwardly.

"And I ignore it," she retorted, getting up from her spot next to me on my bed and walked towards the blinds. Dust jumped into the air from them as she pulled the small string, and light drizzled into my Opal-cave.

I hissed at her, sprinting out of bed to shut the blinds. It took every ounce of strength I had not to bite her hand off of the string. Helix grabbed me from behind, pulling me away from Alicia. My body stopped thrashing, the sparks he was sending through my body calming me down to a point where all I wanted to do was fall asleep in his arms.

So I did. 

I nuzzled my face into his neck, inhaling his sweet smell. His body tensed around me, and his breath caught in his throat. I ran my nose along the spot where his neck connected with his shoulder, trying to find the most comfortable spot to take a nap. Helix's breath was coming out unevenly, and I could feel his hands sweating on my legs that were only covered by small boxer shorts.

Every other thought besides him exited my mind, and I didn't even pay attention to Alicia's rambling about my makeup from upstairs. 

His smell, his touch, his feel, his... everything kept me completely at his mercy. 

I didn't know what was happening to me, but I didn't even think about it. He carefully sat down on my bed, and I turned around so I was sitting on his lap straddling him. To tired to do anything else, I just enjoyed his closeness and put my face back in his neck. Helix seemed to get over his initial awkwardness and buried his face into my thick hair. He was still breathing heavily though, and his hands, which were now on my back, were almost burning through my thin t-shirt as they rubbed small circles in my back.

"Opal," he whispered, almost moaned. His arms pulled me closer to him, so almost all of our bodies were touching. I was on fire, but in a good way. Not once in my life had I ever felt like this before, and I  liked it.

Something vibrated from underneath me, and I pulled away abruptly, coming out of my trance. 'What happened to me?' I thought, panicking. 

Helix took out his phone from his pocket, and I saw the name Annabelle flashing on his screen. 

Undeniable, extreme, furious, growing, exploding, heartbroken, dramatic rage swept through me like a huge, ruthless title-wave. He smiled down at his phone about whatever she'd texted him, oblivious to my anger, and tapped his iPhone to reply.

I got off his lap, and stomped up the stairs towards Alicia who was watching us from the balcony, for once, silent. Her expression was unreadable, and for once she wasn't doing something utterly insane. She looked, normal.

We both walked away from the balcony, disgusted by Helix's sudden school-girlness. I felt washed up, beaten, burned, crumpled and shattered. 

Heartbroken.

And I'd only been experiencing the true bliss of having him for a few mere minutes.

"I'm not going to ask what just happened there," Alicia said simply, and pulled my birthday dress from it's place of honor behind my closet door on a special silver hanger. It's fabric was still untouched, and I hadn't given it much thought until now.