nineteen

CHAPTER FIFTY FIVE // NINETEEN
Taehyung POV

I stare blankly at the bare white wall before me. My hands gripping onto the little lion stuffed toy while subconsciously stroking the faux fur. My head being filled with disastrous thoughts but at the same time, completely blank. My body is numb, my brain is numb. Everything in life has lost feeling, lost hope. The reason? I lost the one most precious to me, and I don't understand how.

I blink a few times and continue my staring contest while Jimin and Yoongi blabber on about something or other concerning our current situation. Nothing feels real, it's almost like an extended nightmare. Such as the ones Jungkook used to wake up screaming from, the ones that made him stir and weep in his sleep, tears running down his face from the pain I could only watch and he could only endure. I now know what he has went through, for my life is just one giant bad dream, and no matter how much I kick and scream to try and escape, I can't. There's no way out.

"Taehyung, asshole, listen for once and stop day dreaming," Yoongi's gruff voice breaks through my thoughts, his tone filled with annoyance and drowsiness from almost a full week of taking care of two saddened puppies. Jimin hadn't said a word to me after that night. He won't even properly stare me in the eye. He believes it's my fault, and honestly, I believe that, too. Jungkook broke up with me, I'm the problem.

"Sorry," I mumble while tearing my eyes away from the blank wall and turning back towards Yoongi who's still pacing around the room and Jimin who's curled up into a ball on the other side of the couch, his glasses hanging off the very edge of his nose. He usually never wears his glasses, only his contacts. He's usually very particular over his look, but as of right now he has more things to worry about than his appearance.

A few knocks on the door cancel Yoongi's continuous pacing. He mumbles out a "thank god" before running to answer it. Jimin and I are left in silence. A few lengthy minutes pass and Yoongi finally returns with two new beings, both immediately charging into the room and observing the two twenty-one-year olds slumped on opposite sides of Yoongi's small couch.

Seokjin sighs, trying to break the saddened tension of the room. "Let's get started, we need to actually talk about this and not push it away like every other time, okay?" The oldest of us all demands and I can do nothing but nod like the others. "Okay, so what should we discus-"

"Ten years."

Everyone of us turns to Jimin's direction as crackly words escape his mouth, he looks up with a bleak gleam in his eyes as he glances at all of us individually, his gaze stays on me with a look of pure hatred and disgust. "We haven't been apart in ten years, never. And then suddenly this... fucking idiot barges through his life and hurts him causing a wall to form between us." He lets out a choked noise but does a good job on holding in tears that are threatening to escape.

I growl, clenching my fists around the lion that still posses a tiny scent of familiar ginger that I seem to adore, my whole body tenses in rage. "Who are you calling a fucking idiot, you bastard. I'm not the pathetic best friend who doesn't know anything about him," I snap back, a grimace mixed with a scowl forms on his face as he stands up abruptly. "Shut up! I know everything about him, I love him," Jimin screeches and all anyone can do is watch.

I stand too, dropping the toy in the process, "oh yeah? Do you not remember the way I became friends with Jungkook, huh? It's because your idiot ass dragged him to a party, abandoned him, shoved him away, and laughed at his tears!" I scream while he bites his lip and clenches his fist. Before I know it, his clenched hand is being met with the side of my face, the impact causing my whole body to lurch to the side. I stay slanted for a moment and then, when he least expects it, I slap him harshly across the face, causing his glasses to skid away.