perfect portrait

CHAPTER THIRTY FIVE // PERFECT PORTRAIT
Jungkook POV

An artist and a painter.

So similar yet so opposing.

One expresses themselves with color and shapes while the other expresses with words and phrases.

Yet they both display the same emotions, just in different ways.

That's why we fit together so easily.

And that's also why I--a writer--can sit in Taehyung's art studio while I work on my nearly finished book as he adds the finishing touches to a painting on a large white canvas. We've been here for hours doing just that.

"Want a snack?" Taehyung asks after a very long period of silence. When we started working it had been about 4:00pm, now the moon is out, I guess we've been in here for a lot longer than I thought. I suppose being with Taehyung makes silence and patience pleasent. "Not really," I mumble, my voice kinda hoarse from a long time of no speaking.

"Sandwich?" He asks and I finally look up from my laptop screen. "I just said I didn't want-"

"Oh, I got it. Popcorn!" Taehyung exclaims and rushes out of the room and towards the kitchen. I laugh silently at how childish he can be. Sighing, I type the date into the bottom corner of my screen and then close my laptop. It's been a succeful day, I just need to finish the ending and then it'll be comeplete, days upon days of editing will definitely be needed.

I wait for Taehyung to return, I squirm in my chair and can't seem to sit in the silence without him. I stand up and start walking around the room rather slowly, observing each painting slowly. They're all so colourful and represent his personality perfectly, a select few are slightly grayer, I guess everyone has their own demons, even someone as cheerful as Taehyung.

I stumble across the room until I reach the stacked boxes in the back of the room, old paint brushes and extra paint supplies are stored in several boxes along with a few that claim to have childhood items stored within them. I run my fingers over the rough bristles of the brushes, so painful yet so delicate.

"Hey, I kinda burnt it a bit- hey, what are you doing!?" Taheyung screams and nearly drops the large bowl of popcorn in his hands as he rushes over to me and stands inbetween me and the boxes.

"Being my regular nosy self," I say and smile but his serious expression remains making my smile fade. "Did you, um, find anything interesting?" Taheyung asks and I give him a confused look. "No, was I supposed to?" I ask and he rubs the back of his neck with his hand as he lets out a chuckle. "No, of course not. Come on, that's enough work for one night lets go watch a movie or something." He grabs my hand and practically drags me out of the room, I grab my laptop on the way out and follow without question though a sneaking suspicion rises within me

He's definitely hiding something, and it hurts.

Taehyung brings me over to the couch but I stop before we get there. "Actually Tae, I'm gonna go now if that's okay," I tell him and he pouts. "Why?" He whines and I smile at him sadly. "I'm just tired," I say but his pout remains.

"You can sleep here."

"Yeah but I wanna sleep all night, not just take a nap."