gingerbread

CHAPTER FORTY FIVE // GINGERBREAD
Taehyung POV

"Fuck my life. Fuck my life. Fuck my life. Fuck my life."

I roll my eyes and chug down another sip from my beer bottle, glaring at my best friend who mutters cusses under his breath as he scratches his neck and sides furiously. "Oh shut up, it looks cute," I tell him but he simply glares at me. "Oh yeah? You try wearing the goddamn, itchy Christmas sweater for hours and tell me how you feel, " Yoongi spits out, taking a harsh sip from his bottle.

"I think it's cute that Jimin bought you both matching Christmas sweaters, the fact that your's has the grinch on it makes it all the more better," I tease making him slap my arm harshly. "Hey, if you don't like it then take it off," I say and he shakes his head slowly, focusing his attention on his boyfriend who continues to laugh and smile while placing decorations on the Christmas tree with Jungkook, singing loudly as they do so.

"I'm wearing this for him, and frankly, I would wear ten of these fucking things just to make him happy."

I smile and shake my head slowly. "You've gotten soft, boy," I tease him, nudging his arm with my elbow. He scoffs, "says the guy who calls his boyfriend after a fucking land animal," he mumbles back making me glare at him.

"Taehyungie!" I hear a cheerful voice call out from the distance as rapid footsteps approach, only belonging to one person. "Yes, bunny?" I yell back as he comes closer, "my point," Yoongi whispers making me send him an immediate glare. Jungkook arrives in front of me, his slippery socks causing him to slide into the counter. He smiles, layers upon layers of golden and silver, glittered tinsel wrapped around his neck like a scarf, contrasting his plain white sweatshirt perfectly.

"We need to buy matching Christmas sweaters, they're so cute!" Jungkook screams, his dainty fingers wrapping around the ends of the tinsel as he tries to contain his excitement. Yoongi smirks, "that's a swell idea, Jungkook," he speaks in an overly cheerful voice causing Jungkook to smile brightly. "That's what Jiminie hyung said too," he says before running off again, clearly not noting the sarcasm.

"So what are you getting him for Christmas?" Yoongi asks when Jungkook is further away. I shrug, "we both decided to not give each other presents, he said he didn't want anything so," I say and Yoongi eyes me worryingly. "What?" I ask inspecting his stare. "When they say 'oh, I don't want anything' it means they want something huge," he explains and my eyes widen. "Really?" He nods making me panic more.

"Yoongi, there's only four days until Christmas, what do I do!?" I ask frantically, trying to think of something Jungkook might like. He pauses and thinks for a moment, "well, what makes him happy? What makes his eyes glow up in excitement? What makes him so happy that he feels like he's dreaming and doesn't want to wake up?"

I think for a moment, only one thing popping into my mind. That cold night in the rain, under the tree a few weeks ago. I've never seen Jungkook so happy, so pleased, so content. His smile and eyes could tell a thousand stories. A thousand stories that I would sit down for hours and listen to as long as their coming out of his mouth. And the kiss, it had so much more meaning than the one on the ferris wheel and the many we share during late nights of cuddling, it was so much more. That's when he is the most happiest, but how do I turn that into a gift?

"Yoongi!" Another voice calls out, much more higher in pitch. "Yeah, sexy?" Yoongi yells back causing me to chuckle. "Come here, both of you, we're finally done," Jimin screams as we both stand up and head to the living room. Jimin stands there excitedly as Jungkook sits crosslegged on the floor, fidgeting with the tinsel in his hands that has somehow made it's way to tie around his small torso, trapping him.

I laugh loudly while watching him struggle out of the glittery decoration, he pouts at me, eyes heavy and bottom lip poked out cutely, leaving me with no other choice but to help him. Once he's free he grabs my hand and intertwines our fingers as we both stand up, gazing at the well put-together tree.

Jungkook suddenly lets go of my hand and runs over to the light switch. "You haven't even seen the best part yet," he says and quickly turns off the lights causing the whole apartment to be soley illuminated by the twinkling golden lights of the tree and a few scattered strings of fairly lights that Jungkook had placed around his home to give his dull looking environment a more of a brighter feel.

I wrap my arms around him, our usual back hugs that never seem get old, with him leaning his head back onto my shoulder and my head finding its way to nuzzle my way into the crook of his pale neck. "It's pretty," I mumble, getting a whiff of his gingerbread scented hair, my boyfriend liking to change his shampoos based on the season and holiday. The cinnamonie smell reminding me of warm nights by the fire, curled up in tons of fuzzy blankets, together. Toasty and comfortable, sharing the same warmth while providing our own to each other.

The scent is my absolute favourite at the moment: gingerbread.

-

Don't you hate short updates? Yeah me too, so what is this???? Like-
Also, is it just me or are all updates on Wattpad like really slow for this past little while?
It feels like no one is updating their stories lol