Enoch Imagine pt.2

*Enoch's POV*
I went back to my desk again to keep battling my homunculi but it was so hard to focus. My eyes kept drifting to her lifeless form. I'm not sure why I did it but I got up and walked over to her. I placed my ear to her chest and waited for a beat. I counted the seconds on my hands. 60 seconds and a beat. I did it again. 60 seconds and then a beat. 60 seconds and then beat. So she was I alive. She just slowed down her heart rate so appear dead. She plays dead. Her peculiarity is playing dead. How funny. How coincidental. My peculiarity is to bring the dead back to life for a short amount of time while hers is to pretend to be dead? I shook my head we have nothing in common. How could the bird ever think we would. She was the opposite of me.

*Time Skip*

I had just come back from the reset and (Y/N) still hadn't woken up. I guess that meant I was sleeping in her room tonight. I collected the few things I would need for that night and left my room. When I got to hers a nervousness bubbled up inside me. "Enoch," I told my self. "It's not like she's in there!" So with trembling hands I open the door and stepped inside. Her room was plain and if I didn't know any better would have thought no one lived in here. That is until I kicked a box. I didn't mean to it was hidden underneath her bed. I knelt down and reached under the bed, fiddled around until I found it. I pulled it out a studied it for a moment. It was metal, covered with rust and dust. I probably shouldn't have opened it but there wasn't a lock on it. What was inside shocked me. On the lid were many pictures of some actress and one of a man dancing, that wasn't what surprised me though. It was the pictures of a family, a mother, a father, a brother, and a baby girl. As well as one of a girl who was pretty but not a star, and one that looked vaguely familiar. The girl was leaned up against some stairs and had a nice coat on. The last two pictures were of us. All of us in the home. Our names under each person. I was surprised she cared about us that much. But there was one more thing in the box that was absolutely puzzling, a chain. Why on earth would she keep a chain? I heard a knock on the door. Quickly I slammed the lid shut and kicked the box back under the bed. I ran to the door. When I opened it Emma was standing there.

"What do you want." I spat. She looked unfazed.

"I just came to tell you there is the oddest moaning coming from your room." She turned away with that. I watched her until she entered her room. As soon as the door closed I bolted for my room. I yanked the door open and shut it as soon as I entered. I ran to the bed and saw her stir.

*Third Person POV*

Your eyes fluttered open and you started gasping for a breath. Trying to regulate your heart rate. You instantly tried to sit up. You put your hand out to push your self up and your hand hit something cold. You sucked in a breath and for the first time took in your surroundings. You screamed as you realized you were sitting in Enoch's bed. His eyes widened and he covered your mouth with his free hand.

"Quiet (Y/N). Do you want to wake up the whole house?" He asked, he was grinning a bit. Was he grinning at you? Didn't he hate you? You nodded slowly. He removed his hand and placed it on top of your other one. "You know you have a blood curtailing scream." You blushed. Why was he being so nice to you? You looked around the room and the memories came flooding back. You looked at Enoch and whispered to him.

"What did you think?" You smiled nervously. He ran his fingers through his hair.

"It was cool, but what's even cooler is your box."
He scratched the back of his neck worriedly.

"Enoch, did you snoop in my room?" You asked shocked he would do something like that.

"No, okay yes. By accident." He started explaining. "The bird said I had to take care of you because you showed me your peculiarity. It would terribly inappropriate if I slept in here with you so I went to sleep in your room. I stumbled upon your box by accident I saw your pictures and I knew I shouldn't have opened it but the bird said to me before that, that I should try getting to know some one before I judged them. Anyway I saw your pictures and this especially pretty one of you. With this coat on and you were smiling a way I'd never seen you smiled before like you were happy. Then there was this chain and I was like why would this be in here and then Emma came in and said you were starting to wake up so I rushed in here and I swear I didn't see anything else." He rambled the whole thing and was out of breath by the time he finished. "I would not blame you if you hated me." He sighed. All you could do was laugh. He looked puzzled.

"You think I looked pretty in that picture?" You asked. A mad blushed crossed his cheeks.

"Did I say that?" He looked away from you.

"You did. Now I'll tell you why I keep that chain. I keep it because I was buried in it. The first time I used my peculiarity I sleeping and it must have happened while I slept. I couldn't control- I still can't control how long I'm out for. They thought I was dead. They buried me in coffin. When I woke up. I was a afraid and scared. Eventually the caretaker heard me screaming and dug me up he was surprised brought me to the police station. They called my parents and they were shocked. Convinced I was dead and there was a 'spirit possessing my body' they tried to bury me again only this time with chains. So the spirit would be locked in the coffin. Before they set the coffin in the ground, the bird, Miss Peregrine some how found me and brought me here. I keep the chain as a reminder. A reminder of what my old life used to be." Both of you were silent for a while after you dropped that bomb. You spoke again. "No need to tell me your story I know it. Olive told me." You patted him on the back. You were going to back to your room. You stood up and almost took a step until you started falling towards the ground. Enoch caught you.

"Maybe you should stay here tonight. You obviously can't walk. I'll just go to your room and-" Enoch placed you on his bed again. You cut him off.

"No! Don't make me stay in here all alone! Your homunculi will be staring! Do you know how freaking that is." You pulled him down onto the bed with you.

"You know when you were out, this never a problem." You smiled and did the unthinkable. You pecked him on the cheek. He stared at you wide eyed. You quirked an eyebrow at him. "I don't know if I'm aloud to stay in here with you." He joked.

"Well, maybe it would be much more acceptable if we were dating?" You smirked. He blushed again.

"Who said I wanted to date you or anybody."

"You never had you say anything. I can see it in your eyes." You laid down and felt Enoch settle in beside you. "See this isn't so bad." You turned to face him.

"It could be better." He rolled his eyes his signature scowl crossed his face.

"How so."

"Like this." Enoch raised your lips to his. You instantly kissed back.

(^^^ the box under the bed)