S1 • Mistful Summer | 3 part (Outro) •

Start from the beginning

She clicked the garage opener as it slowly let up reviling a car, not just any car but the one I've been asking for since I was sixteen. "Yoooo" I screamed out smiling extra hard as my grandpa grabbed my shoulder. "I'm a man to my word" he mumbled in my ear with the keys dangling in front of me. "Thanks papa" I mumbled hugging him tight.

| You Wonder Why | - Stacy Barthe
This is the best ME |

Josh Pov:

"You should be proud of yourself" my mom mumbled rubbing my elbow as we stood outside. "I am, I did it without any support from my own family, crazy right?" I chuckled as she cleared her throat. "Baby" she softly said giving me that I'm sorry face. "I'm a man, and you don't owe me anything ma, you did what was best right?" I said as she started to tear up.

"Don't do that either" I mumbled wiping her face. "I'm alive, I'm happy, I'm loved that's what you wanted from me right?" I asked as she grabbed my face. Yandel stood by the door flashing a smile my way as he walked towards the garage. "That's all a mother ever wants, you're so handsome and smart. My only fear was losing you to the streets and you've changed that destiny, you're going to college baby, the first in our whole family" she said grabbing my hands.

"You broke that chain josh, you deserve your happiness." She said kissing my check. "Hold that thought" I said as she looked confused. "Umm okay". I called out Yandel name as he came walking over towards us. "I didn't get the chance to properly introduce you" she interrupted me mid sentence. "I know Yandel"
She said smiling and laughing.

"As a friend, he's more than that ma. He's the main reason why I'm not out running the streets, why I'm bettering myself, I've never had that type of support." I said as she cut me off again. "I know josh, and you're turning out so great. And I thank you Yandel for being there" she said slightly starting to annoy me for not listing. "Ma!" I said as she became startled. "He's my boyfriend" I said catching her completely off guard.

"As in guys that's friends?, boyfriend stop it josh" she joked patting my should walking off. Yandel looked at me just as confused as I was. He pulled me back as I tried to walk after her. "Don't force it on her babe, let it settle than reproach the topic" he mumbled in my ear as she walked back up towards me.

"Can you give us a minute" she smiled at him but it was one of her fake smiles. I knew this smile, I've seen it a few times whenever she pretended to be happy to see my step dad. Yandel walked off heading into the house. "A boyfriend Joshua? A fucking boyfriend!"
She groaned stepping closer to me.

"How did this even come about? When have you ever been gay" she whispered out looking at me the way she use to look at my brother when he use to make dumb decisions. "It's a sin, a heavy sin josh and you know that" she groaned out as I sighed. "I'm not doing this with you, it's my life okay" I said walking away from her.

"Get back here" she yelled as I kelp walking. "Dinner is ready, are you joining mother?" I asked as she gave me the nastiest look walking behind me. "Thank you" I mumbled as I held the door open to Yandel grandmother Faith setting the table as everybody was taken their seat. "Glad you two can join us" his grandfather said as we took our seat.

My mom eyes we're still glued on me as I kinda forced her to settle with the news. I knew she was uncomfortable with it, but this wasn't her time, it was mine. Yandel blessed the food as they all started to conversant. My mom sat their quit slightly making things awkward.