20

"Oh, Meg, what were you-"
"Later, Mina, I need to shower,"

I ran into the shower, immediately locking the door, and I felt my sanity coming back to me, in form of the hot steam sticking to my skin.

It felt so relaxing, and all my stress was starting to let go, while I knew it would be back once my senses arrived.

I can't believe I ever was an orphan in an orphanage, with hardly enough to keep all of the kids' stomach full, and hardly enough space to keep them all occupied. Now, I'm the daughter of seven international stars, with hardly enough of us to eat all the food, and hardly enough of us to occupy the space.

Life really can flip sometimes.

Although, I'd prefer hardly enough food over hardly enough love and family.

"Meg, hurry up in there," I heard someone yell, while knocking on the door.

"Okay!" I yelled back.

~

Breakfast was fairly awkward at first.

"So, Meg, did you go to school back home?" Mina asked, taking a spoonful of her whole-grain cereal. Healthy girl.

"I was home-schooled half way through year three, because I started being bullied for being an orphan. And the fees were too high for Marley, as well." I said, playing with my Coco-Pops instead of eating them.

I realised Jungkook was also having Coco-Pops, and Taehyung was happily gulping his Frosties.

How did they get this type of cereal in Korea?

That's not what I had to worry about now, anyways, because I noticed Mina started to frown, putting down her spoon.

"Meg's going to school on Monday." She said, looking straight ahead, ignoring me.

"Wait- why?" J-Hope said, who, forgetting what happened this morning, it turned out, was staring at me the whole time.

"Because it's illegal to keep a child under 16 without a full-time education." Mina said, calm but serious.

"But-" I started.

"No buts, we'll get you your uniform and equipment today." She said, now looking at me with a straight face.

Gee, great way to get my mind off the fact I'll be abandoned in half a year.

I'll tell her on the shopping trip. Yeah.

"Can I come too?" Jungkook said, spinning his spoon in his bowl of milk round and round.

"No. Just us girls." She said, now slightly smiling.

I can see she wanted to laugh.

~

"Don't worry, we'll do some normal sister shopping as well," Mina said to me, lowering her voice as we were walking in the streets of early noon Seoul. The sun was as bright as my smile once was, and Mina's visible excitement for shopping with a 12-year-old was two times as bright.

"What do you want to get? Ooh, should we get your hair done? And maybe a manipedi too-"

"Pink." I said.

"Pink?"

"Can I get my hair dyed pink?" I added on.

"Pink..." She thought for a bit, as we crossed the road holding hands.

"Okay. Baby pink?" She asked.

"Yeah, baby pink." I smiled, for probably the first time in three days.

"I'll just get my hair straightened." She said, cupping my face, probably to imagine how I'd look with pink hair.

"You'll look so cute. Maybe we should just get your ends pink, so you don't damage your hair too much." I nodded my head excitedly.

I'd never dyed my hair, but I'd always dreamed of a green head, or teal. But pink was a whole other level. Pink and black had always been my favourites.

~

"Uhm, do you do baby pink ends?" Mina said, clasping my hand tightly as she asked.

The stylist lady nodded, tipping on her toes to get dye from the top shelf.

"Great." Mina said, and we sat down on a bench in the salon, in front of the large glass pane windows, revealing us to the rest of the mall.

It was sort of nerve-racking.

I'm going to be a different colour. Well, no, I'll still be yellow. But I'll be- pink.

It'll be absolutely- 

Incredible.