33

"Here you go." I smile as I place the plate of steak and chips on the table in front of him.

"What's that on the steak?" He asks, scrunching his face up.

"Peppercorn sauce, just be grateful for once in your life!" I spit.

"Instead of scrunching your face up in disgust, thank your lovely girlfriend for making you such a nice meal when you hardly deserve it." Shan says from the doorway.

"Thank you." I nod before walking out the living room and back into the kitchen, I can't wait for this to be over, he seriously makes my skin crawl.

"Why are you even here." I hear him groan.

"Just eat your fucking food" Shan spits before joining me in the kitchen. "I hope he gets on with it soon, this is annoying." She groans.

"Tell me about it." I sigh. "I'll stick the kettle on."

Loud coughs come from the living room, making me Shan stand still. We look at each other before we slowly head into the living room to see Zac leaning over his knees, holding his belly. Well that didn't take long.

"Jayde" he says but he can't say anything else. He's coughing so much blood that is coming out of his mouth and nose.

"Get a bucket" I tell Shan. I sit next to him and rub his back. I don't want him to know this is because of me, or he'll kill me before he dies.

"Here" Shan says, placing the bucket in front of him.

"You did this." He spits through his bloody mouth, looking at me with evil eyes. I stand up quickly and back away. He tries to follow me but he topples over the table onto his stomach.

I grab my bag and walk towards the door, Shan follows me and we leave, leaving him laying on the floor.

We tried to be nice.