5

I feel my phone vibrating in my pocket and I look down to see a text from shannon asking if everything's okay. I look at the time and my eyes widen.

"Wow Zac look at the time" I say, it's one in the morning already I can't believe it.

He looks at his watch and frowns, "yeah we better get out of here." He stands up, puts on his jacket and pulls out his wallet.

"You know, I can pay for this. You've already paid for everything else." I say, getting out my purse.

"I took you out Jayde, that's the point" he laughs.

"But-" I protest.

"When you take me out, then you can pay" he winks at me and puts a fifty on the table. I know our food didn't cost that much. He looks up and sees my surprise.

"Don't worry, I got a pretty decent job." He throws me a smile before he leads the way to the front door. I feel awful because when Harry was still around I hardly paid any attention to what Zac was doing, so in that time he must have got this great job and I completely missed it.

I quickly pull on my jacket and follow him.

"What do you do Zac?" I ask as I head through the front door that he's holding open for me. He ignores my question, distracting me with the thrill of the bike ride home.