Norway x Abused Reader: Girl from the Sunrise Hill.

Deep, blue eyes, as dark and peaceful as the deep ocean stared from their owner's place upon the hill. Numerous rolling hills spread across the valley, lush and green. Bright dots of flowering plants were placed among the hills, the beautiful colours blending and contrasting with the grass. The sky was darkened, the sun about to rise up from it's slumber to watch over the busy world. No stars shone in the sky, and only a faint remain of the moon was left of the once cold night. Dew drops hung onto the strands of grass like a lovers embrace, but long gone were the clouds that had produced them. The rushing of the river that stood between the hill that the owner of the blue eyes was placed and that of the hill from which that he could watch the sun rise over, separating one part of the valley from the other. Lukas waited patiently for the sun to rise, he longed to see the beautiful colours paint the sky like an artist paint spread across a pallet. As the sun finally began to show it's bright rays of light, he noticed a figure climb up the hill. Now, he could see the figure perfectly well for the fact that the hills were fairly close in distance, but the light that shone behind them changed their features only slightly.

He did, however, know that the figure was female. The colours shone around her, and as her eyes met his, he knew her eyes were just another beautiful colour that painted the scene. When her lips twitched upwards in a shy smile, he knew that finally, the place before him was perfect. It was not very often that Lukas could appreciate something such as the view that this girl had shown him. Before he knew it, he had allowed a smile to spread across his face, his deep dimples imprinted into his cheeks. The sun continued to rise, but neither noticed as their eyes connected in a deep, somehow emotional way. They didn't know each other, but it was an instant feeling in both of their chests. The moment was savoured, Lukas couldn't help but feel drawn to this unknown girl. But suddenly, her bright smile was darkened, a shadow held itself high over her heart, her breathing became ragged, her eyes widened in fear. It was all because of one distant voice yelling 'Y/n! Get back here you little slut!'

Lukas watched as she ran away. He could see the exact location that she was hurrying off to, it wasn't too far away. His eyes darkened slightly at the sight of a young man, her brother, most likely from the similarity in appearance. What made his frown deepen was the beer bottle in the man's hand. The look in his drunken e/c eyes was enough to make Lukas worried for the woman, but the look of terror in her eyes was enough for him to run down the hill to the river. The water was calm, and the river was only waist deep for the average sized male. Blue waters stared up at him, looking cold and chilling, but also being the only way to go and help the girl from the hill, inviting. He wasn't quite sure as to why he was so desperate to help this girl that he hadn't even really met, but he felt the ache in his heart would not go away unless he tried. His eyes flickered back to the girl. She was looking down at him and shaking her head, eyes screaming no.

It was another day, the sun was about to rise again, but it wasn't the rising of the sun that Lukas was looking forward to resting his eyes at this time. He was desperate to see the girl that seemed to be called Y/n. Once again, as the sun arose from its slumber, he saw the girl climb up the hill. Lukas breathed out a sigh of relief, seeing that the man seemingly didn't injure her too badly. At the top of the hill, she rose her head for her eyes to meet those of Lukas'. The air caught in the back of his throat when he saw the purple bruise that marked around her eye. He wanted to yell across to her, but with the knowledge that she was being beaten, he knew that it wouldn't be wise. She mouthed one word, a word that had one syllable and one that he could easily recognise. Her soft lips formed around the word 'Help'. Lukas nodded and began to walk down the hill in her direction. He could see her walking at the same pace, down to the river that separated both halves of the valley. He would certainly help her.

Lukas stood at the river, across from Y/n, who had yet to speak. She was shuffling nervously, looking around her quickly. "He will be out soon. I can't let him get me." Lukas walked slowly into the water, not bothering to take off his boots or socks. As he thought, the water was only waist deep, and he could move across it with ease. He stood directly before Y/n, his dark blue eyes meeting hers again. "Who is he?" He asked her. She frowned and slowly sat down so that her s/c feet dangled in the surprisingly warm water. "He is my brother. I can't afford to live anywhere else, and so I have to live with him." She explains quickly, glancing behind her with anxious eyes. "It's alright, you can stay with me." She smiles at him and blushes slightly. Lukas' lips twitched upwards in an almost smile. "Thank you, Mr..." Her voice fades away as she realises that she does not yet know his name. "Lukas, Lukas Bondevik." She nods. Lukas grabs her soft hand in his, slowly guiding her into the water. "My home is not too far away. You can stay for as long as you like." He tells her gently as they both get out of the river. Y/n puts her hand on his shoulder, leaning over and pressing a short kiss on his cheeks.

"Thank you, boy from the hills."

"You're welcome, Sunrise girl."