Norway x Reader: From Lovers to Enemies

"If one of us doesn't raise that flag, we are going to lose the love that we once shared, Norway."
"That's fine by me."
"So be it then, from now on Norway, you are my enemy."

The other countries in the room gasped at the short conversation between the two nations that everyone knew as lovers. They stared as C/n walked out of the meeting room, her head held high, and a confident step in her stride. Confused whispers spread like a wildfire around the room, even people who usually didn't talk to others were talking in hushed murmurs. The other Nordic Nations gave each other concerned looks, they knew how tense it would get in their shared household as two of them fought.

"Meeting adjourned then?" Finland asked, clapping his hands together. The countries all ran to the door, each trying to get out first, some even climbing over the others to get out. The Nordics stayed behind all looking at a motionless Norway, who just bore holes into the seat that C/n was once sat in. "Why would you agree to that Norge?" The Norwegian male looked up at his friends words, Denmark's voice being confused. It was then that the 4 nations noticed the tears that had begun to stream down the second eldest male. "I can't let her know." Iceland walked forwards and pulled his big brother into a hug. "Know what, Big Brother?" Norway pulled away and took a letter out of his pocket. "Read it."

They all did and most of them (meaning everyone but Sweden) shed a few tears. "Nor, this is- you have to tell C/n, she'll be heartbroken." Finland and Iceland agreed with Denmark, Sweden's eyes just staring at Norway in shock. "That's why I can't, I can't allow her to get hurt anymore, if I distance myself, then she won't hurt as much." The other Nordics frowned, Sweden's making him look more scary than usual. "That's stupid." Sweden said bluntly. "Just because you push her away, that doesn't mean she won't be heartbroken. She'll be more hurt, she loves you a lot, you can't stop her from that." Norway looked down. "Or is it so that you don't feel bad for leaving her here?" Norway looked back up, anger in his blue-violet eyes. "Even if I did, it won't stop this from happening. My country is falling, and in turn, so am I." A loud gasp from behind the door makes everyone turn in that direction. C/n stands there, crystalline tears building up in her glistening e/c eyes. "How dare you?" She took a step towards Norway. "You think that I wouldn't care? You think that I wouldn't notice, that I wouldn't be hurt after you died? If you thought that then God help you Norway, because you must be the blindest man on Earth." C/n stood right in front of her lover, a single tear making it's why down her cheek, making a shiny path on her smooth s/c skin. "I love you Norway, that's never going to stop." 

Norway wrapped his arms around C/n's waist, resting his head on hers, allowing their tears to mix. "I'm sor-" C/n placed a finger on his lips, making him quieten down. The other Nordics decided it best to leave the two nations alone for a moment. "C/n, I'm dying." The shorter female sighed and buried her face in his chest. She could hear his heartbeat through his clothes, and it sent a wave of warmth and calmness over her body. "I know baby. If you allow me to-" She began, only to be cut off by Norway. "C/n, I can't let you do that. Your country will die too." C/n looked up at him and pressed a desperate kiss on his lips. She pulled away quickly."Either way, I'll be with you." Norway looked into C/n's eyes with such a sad look, with such pain, it hurt her. "C/n, it's too late anyway, I've been dying for about 4 months now, they were waiting for me to accept it." His already pale hand flickered out of focus for a few seconds, before returning but see-through. He looked down at it and smiled a broken smile. "C/n, I love you. Tell Iceland I'm sorry." C/n muffled a sob, gripping onto the fading male with all her strength. Out of nowhere, she felt a sharp pain in her chest. She had felt this before, another group of her people were dying because of disease.

"It's okay Kjaer, we are here." C/n awoke to a blinding white light and her lover knelt next to her. The smell of the air was clean and fresh, nothing like what the h/c haired woman had ever smelt before. "Nor, where are we?" C/n sat up and looked around, seeing a room with white curtains and a white bed. "Dead, a few moments after I faded away, you began to as well. The Nordics are holding the Funeral." C/n smiled at her lover, slipping out of the bed and onto the surprisingly comfortable floor. "I love you," 

"I love you too."

A/N

Okay, so this story might not be updated for a while, I am writing another story, not hetalia related. Read it if you want to, it is called A Little Silver of Hope. Please check it out and vote comment and stuff.

Bai,

Love Author-Chan