Norway x soldier reader: Never

It had been weeks. Months. Years since Lukas had last heard from you. You were one of the best soldiers in Norway, and practically dedicated your life to the hard war life. Lukas was your best friend, and he was worried for you as he had not heard from you in years. Usually you would send him lots of letters. He knew you weren't dead. They would have sent him a letter. But after 2 years, he was beginning to lose hope.

Your POV

I grinned as I thought of a way to surprise my best friend Lukas. For the past 2 years I have been captured and so I haven't been able to contact anyone. But I am finally free! Perhaps I should surprise him at dinner. Lukas was weird, so he always had dinner at exactly the same time. I smiled thinking of my seemingly emotionless friend. This was going to be so good. I called up my other friend, Berwald, and told him to pick me up from the airport in an hour. I also told him to keep it a secret from the others. Berwald sounded close to tears when he was on the phone. If I'm to be honest, I felt a little proud for making the stoic swede almost cry. The pilot of the aeroplane that I was on smiled and turned to me for a second. "So ya got someone at home then?" I blushed at his words. The truth was that I had like Lukas for a long while now. But he would never like me back. "N-No!" The pilot chuckled and turned away. I just can not wait to see the guys' faces!

~Timeskip~

I am now at the airport with Berwald. He is currently crying on my shoulder whilst hugging me. "Hey  Ber." I mutter quietly. He pulls away wiping away his tears. "Why didn't you call or write?"

 "I was a prisoner of war Ber. I couldn't." His turquoise eyes widen in shock. He nods and drags me to the guys'  van. I sit shotgun whilst Ber drives home. I am bouncing my leg up and down in excitement. "So Ber, I want you to get the others to come outside saying you have a surprise for them and when they arrive I want you to say 'surprise' and video there reaction. Okay?" The swede nods and we pull up into the driveway. My heart is racing. I wonder what there reactions will be. I get out of the van and wait as Berwald tells the guys to come outside. "Surprise." I hear that word and in an instant there are tears everywhere. Peter is the first to move. "Auntie Y/n!" He cries whilst running into my open arms. He sobs onto my shoulder. "Hey there kid." You can hear the smile in my voice. Peter pulls away to be replaced by Tino. The slightly taller male hugs me tightly and whispers "Where were you?" Into my shoulder. "I'm here now." I whisper back. I am quickly pulled out of his grasp and into a tall figure. Matthias. He sobs loudly burying his face into my hair. Matthias and I were always very close, well of course we were, we were cousins after all. Matthias passes me over to Emil. The younger male has tears rolling down his cheeks, but he is smiling softly at me. I open my arms for a hug and he complies, wrapping his arms around my waist. He pulls away and I turn to face him. Tears flood down his pale cheeks and he is smiling. He runs towards me and picks me up in joy. I laugh as he twirls me around. Finally I am put back on to the ground. Lukas holds me tight, like he never wants to let go. "W-Why didn't you write? You idiot, I was worried!" He cries burying his face in my hair.

"I couldn't Luke, I was captured." He holds me tighter.

"I love you." His words make my heart explode in my chest. I grin and pull away from the hug, only for my lips to be met with his. His lips are warm and soft against my slightly chapped ones. "I love you too Luke." I whisper against his lips.

"Don't leave me again."

"Never."

A/N Hi, so I haven't updated this in like forever so I decided to write a cute one today~ Anyway I hope you enjoyed it, even though it's really short.