Dying Sealand X Mother Reader: You are My Sunshine.

You are my Sunshine,

C/n stood in horror at the words that she was hearing. This couldn't be true, it just couldn't! A rush of emotions tore at her already breaking heart as her senses blanked out for a moment. All she could hear was the constant beeping of the machine in the room. Oh, how she despised that room. That single white sterilised room that just reeked of anaesthetic and pain. And how it fed off of her pain, how it fed off of her sorrow. The coldness of that room was growing colder every second, the bitter feeling was almost as bad as the hole that was growing in her heart. No, this could not be true. Her baby boy could not have cancer. Her baby boy could not be dying.

My only Sunshine,

Sealand stared up at his already mourning Mother, reaching out, he grabbed her hand and smiling at her. His smile lit up the entire room, and C/n had no doubt that it could warm the entire world, he was like the sunshine that she needed to stay alive and happy. His blue eyes looked so bright, even when his body was overcome by sickness. His skin still shined so clearly, even though he should be dying. "It's alright Mum." C/n's heart cracked a little more at the sound of his voice, happy. How could he still be so happy? "You're going to be okay." He continued to smile, even when his Mother broke down in sobs, clinging, holding onto the young boy for dear life, which she knew would be taken away from both of them soon.

You make me happy when skies are grey,

C/n couldn't bare it. The pain of this was destroying her. Selfish is what she thought of herself. Not letting those up above see her sunshine, it was truly selfish of her. But he had always been her sunshine and only her sunshine. Ever since the first moments when she held him in her arms for the first time, he had been her sunshine. She wasn't prepared to let him go in such an awful way. She refused to believe it, and it only hurt her more as Sealand got more sick as the days went by.

You'll never know dear,

"Mum?" C/n heard that one little question from the boy in the bed, and in an instant her attention was turned on him. "Yes, sweety?" C/n was not prepared for what she heard next, she never would be. "It hurts, a lot. My head hurts and my heart hurts and my tummy hurts. Will I ever get better Mum?" C/n smiled through the tears pouring down her cheeks. It was all she ever seemed to do. Cry, she hadn't left his side once, only for the toilet and to wash, but that was all. She couldn't say the truth.

How much I love you,

"Yes, one-day Sweetheart you'll get better, and I'll be right here when you do." He looked up at her with such sad eyes. It broke her heart. "Mum, please don't lie, I'm not, am I?" C/n shook her head, brushing off her son's words. "No, no you are fine!" C/n cried harder, he was fine. He had to be! "They can't take you away, they can't!"

Please don't take My sunshine away.

The long beeping sound made her heart stop. No, this could not be a reality. This was fake, a dream! It could not be real! The Doctor dragged her away, she couldn't do anything. She was in shock. No, horror was more like it. As soon as it came to her mind that they were dragging her away from her baby, away from her sunshine, she began fighting back. "NO! NO! LET ME GO! THAT'S MY BABY! THAT'S MY BABY BOY YOU CAN'T TAKE ME AWAY FROM HIM, YOU CAN'T!" Her screams were heard through the entire hospital, other parents looking at her in pity. "I'm sorry Miss, we are doing everything we can to help your son." C/n slumped to the floor and sobbed as she heard them doing what they could to help her sunshine.

The Other Night Dear,

All of the countries surrounded a single tree, each holding a bouquet of flowers in their hands. They all had depressed looks on their faces, but not one of them knew what it was like. None of them knew what it was like for their sunshine to have been taken away. They had all ignored him, they hadn't treated him right, and now, C/n could care less if they wallowed in pity.

When I lay Sleeping,

Everyone had gone home, it had all been a blur for C/n. She could not stay focused. Neither could her eyesight, it was all blurred by tears that should have run out by now. But at times like these, tears would not leave, they were the only true comfort for the h/c haired woman who mourned the death of her son.

I thought I held you in my arms,

In loving memory of Peter Kirkland, a wonderful friend, a beautiful son, grandson and Nephew. May you be held in the arms of heaven.

"Hello, Sunshine. I dreamt of you last night, you were all asleep and in my arms. I-I-" She couldn't continue her sentence. It hurt too much. "But you weren't when I woke up!" Strangled sobs came from her throat, her fingers clenching at her head in agony. Not physical agony, no, that was much easier to deal with. This was emotional agony. The worst kind.

When I awoke dear, I was mistaken,

"It's alright Mum." C/n turned her head to face whatever voice that was. Although, it was obvious that it was Sealand's. "Sweetie?" C/n looked around for her dead son. A hazy figure, it could have been just a hint of her imagination, but she didn't want to believe that, stood in front of her, blonde hair shining brightly, blue eyes as beautiful as the sky, that smile as warm as the sun. Sealand was alive!

"I'm not hurting anymore."

So I hung my head

He wasn't really there.

And Cried.