Twenty

Taehyung's wide eyes stared at Jungkook, their noses brushing against each other's. Lips inches away from each other.

And then the tension was back.

-

Jungkook rushed himself away from Taehyung as quick as possible, almost stumbling over the table. He hesitantly looked back at Taehyung.

"I'm sorry." Jungkook whispered, voice not daring getting higher. His heart pounded hard in his chest, and he felt a weird butterfly sensation in his stomach. Taehyung's eyes were soft as they watched him, he looked down as they met with Jungkook.

"It's nothing, uh I need to go to the bathroom." Taehyung muttered, quickly disappearing from Jungkook's sight.

Jungkook ran a hand through his hair, groaning as he realized Taehyung wouldn't go back to joking mode after something like that.

Why was he acting so weirdly?

This wasn't the Kim Taehyung he had once known.

-

"Are you okay?" Jungkook asked as soon as Taehyung had left the bathroom.

"Huh?" Taehyung replied, facial expressions trying not to reveal anything, though his eyes did, he looked cautious. Jungkook decided not to question that too.

"You've been acting really weird lately?" Jungkook cringed internally to his own question. Taehyung's cheeks flushed slight red.

"No I have not."

"Yes you have."

"I'm okay."

"Okay."

Taehyung didn't know what to do, his gaze running through the room. Jungkook felt the same, until his eyes met the television and the movies laying next to it.

"Do... You want to watch a movie?" Jungkook asked, tilting his head to the side. Taehyung's nose scrunched up, head shaking continuously.

"I'd rather go home,"

Jungkook nodded, trying to hide his disappointment. Taehyung was quick to walk to the door, though he didn't open the door. Jungkook realized he was waiting for him to say something.

"I'll see you on Friday." Jungkook managed to whimper out.

"Oh... Right, I forgot." Taehyung's jaw clenched, eyes closing. He didn't say anything else, his hand gripped the door handle and he disappeared shortly.

Jungkook gritted his teeth, a low, bitter laugh was heard from his throat.

-

He didn't look forward to the meeting with the principal, nor the double date. However, he had no choice but to go to them.

His mind wasn't doing its thing at the moment, it was like it wasn't a part of him anymore. He just did reckless moves without having his brain to go through the move before he did so.

Jungkook was dressed the most formal way he could manage. He wore a white tight shirt with a tie tied around its neck, and a jet black jacket. His shoes and pants were as formal as ever, and his hair was pulled back with gel.

-

"Jeon Jungkook." A strict voice was heard, and Jungkook looked up from his lap. His eyes met with the principal, an old man, perhaps in his fifties.

"Lovely to meet you, gyojang-nim." Jungkook managed to speak out, with his fragile voice. He stood up and bowed to the principal.

"Come in." He bowed back, opening the door and welcoming him inside.

"What brings you here?" The principal says as they find their seats, Jungkook was sitting on the chair in front of the principal's table.

"I really want an education."

"That's what brings you here?" His glasses fell down to the tip of his nose as he glanced at Jungkook. Jungkook bit his lips, nodding carefully.

"How are you going to achieve your education, Jungkook?" He was testing him, not fond of the way Jungkook had said his needs.

"I was hoping for you to add me into the school system again." He realized now how stupid that sounded, Jungkook wanted to disappear from this damn room.

"Your logic isn't impressing me, Jeon Jungkook, there is a reason why you were expelled."

Of course there is.