30; a glimpse of the past

30 minutes later I was walking normally and away from the bland and dolesome four walls of the infirmary out of boredom. Dr Clementia was nowhere to be seen so I took the liberty of discharging myself out.

I pushed open the main doors and walked the rest of the rough road to the experimentation site. Thoughts invaded my mind which is a whirlpool of my personal conflicts, Eren's titan ability might have a deep connection to my mother's secret, and the dark secret within the titans.

How did my life became so complicated in a matter of days?

I stopped abruptly as I sensed that I had arrived at my destination based from the heavy footsteps of soldiers in every direction. I tugged the hood lower to conceal my identity and to avoid some unwanted attention—mainly from Hanji.

I walked closer and touched the slightly burned out soil where the titan carcass lied. They must have disposed the bones earlier already. If they wouldn't give me the right answers, then I'll just have to find the answers myself by chance or by force.

Just like that time, as if by instinct, a fast-paced vision occured and I saw the exact person who execute the titan killings.

But the question is how did she managed to passed the interrogation?

I recall Hanji saying about doing the surprise 3DMGs maintanance check like I had predicted so no soldier should've his or her 3DMG at that time. It would confirm the suspicion of the killer if a missing 3DMG is reported to belong to a soldier.

They're smart I give them that. But it's sad to know that the person who did it is in my batch and one of the people I somehow tolerated. But I can't just straight out point out the cultrip without evidence. I need to consult Hanji first.

I stood up, dusting off the dust that accumulated on my skirt. A hand suddenly grasped me on the shoulder causing me to momentarily freeze thinking I was busted.

"What did you see?" A gruff voice asked that I immediately recognized it as Erwin's. "Don't worry, I'm just passingby." He added since I was hesitating on answering him back. I can already picture out his funny eyebrows furrowed deep and staring at me expectantly.

"We have unwanted visitors." I muttered quietly for him and I only to hear. We don't know how many moles we have lurking in every corner. "You plan on luring them in?"

He gave me a hum of approval."Do you have some potential visitors in mind?"

I turned slightly to side just enough to caught a glimpse of the condescending sneer on my lips.

"I already know who."

...

"You already know who?!" Hanji jumped from her seat and slammed her palm down her wooden desk causing mountain of unfinished paperworks to flutter around the room.

I scratched my hair awkwardly, inching back from my place when she suddenly pounced on me and twirled me around like crazy. "This is amazing! How'd you do it? Did you unleash a new ability or used that pretty little head of yours and imitate Gerlock Holmes?"

I sweatdropped at her strange obsession to that famous detective at Sina. Well, everything about Hanji is strange anyway.

"We must further study your latest ability along with Eren then!" She beamed excitedly and clapped her hand like a seal while hopping on her toes.