The Friends

The darkness surrounded me once again. I smile to myself as the pure black starts to develop hues, barely noticeable at first. They gradually got slightly brighter, as bright as this place could be anyways. The shadows stretched into narrow and towering trees, their branches crooked and long, leaves dotting around them. The ground beneath my feet developed texture. A coarse and hard surface, patches of grass forming. The sky became its normal self as well; the wispy and grey clouds moving ever so slowly. The dim moonlight was my only source of light.

I began to circle around, trying to find my friends. The soil crunched beneath my feet, along with the occasional twig or leaf. Instead of calling out, I simply stopped, waiting for them to come to me. I know they see me, and are just observing my actions, keeping their distance. I listened closely. Most people wouldn't be able to hear such a small and quiet noise, but I could.

The slight shifts and rustle of tree branches filled my ears as I listened closely. Slowly, but surely, I heard the rustles and movements draw closer. They were now so close that I smiled to myself, knowing they were here. Three pointed objects ran down my back, slowly, just enough pressure applied that I knew one of them was here.

Claws.

A small hiss made my heart skip a beat. I wasn't afraid though. If anything, I was overjoyed. A number of other pairs of claws joined in. One on my cheek, another on my chest, two on my thigh, another on my neck. My eyes were shut, careful not to trigger them yet.

"How are you all?" I asked quietly. I was met with a couple of quiet hisses.

"We have missed you," one whispered in my ear, it's eerie voice filling my head, its tongue barely flicking against my ear as it spoke.

"I know," I whispered back. "I'm sorry I haven't come to visit in a while." The claws still gently traced different parts of my body.

"I know what you all want, and I will give it to you," I said, eyes still shut. "But I won't be able to visit for a while again."

"Why?" one quickly asked.

"My new medication. I can't avoid taking it now. They watch me too closely." I was met with an eerie silence, claws still slowly moving around me.

"Come visit us again soon," another said. "We love you."

"And I love you too." With that, I opened my eyes. I was immediately greeted with softly illuminated red eyes and a razor sharp smile. Its ears twitched with excitement and its coarse, charcoal fur touched my forehead. It stood on its hind legs, one claw on my chest, the other on my shoulder. The long tail twirled around. It cackled with the others.

And then it began.

Its claw penetrated my chest, dragging down through my ribs and to my stomach. Another claw on my back dragged right down my spine, flesh being torn away along with bone. A claw on my face ripped through my cheek, breaking my lower jaw off with it. My thigh was reduced to mere bone as I fell to the ground.

All five of them were in my eye sight now, tearing the flesh from my bone. I didn't scream, I didn't cry. I simply laughed as they had their fun. They always saved my eyes and brain for last, so I could stay with them as long as possible.

"We love you Tyler," they said, toothy smiles plastered on their faces, the little bit of flesh left being torn away from me.

----

I inhaled sharply, becoming alert again. The same white, bright room surrounded me. I couldn't move, my eyes darting around the relatively large, padded room.

"We love you Tyler. Don't forget us."

"I won't," I promised, smiling at them. "I love you all too. I will see you again soon." And with that, their lean, raggedy and fur covered forms faded away, their red eyes being the last I saw of them.

Okie dokie, this is just a lil something I came up with while laying in bed. No ships or anything, but whatever. Like usual, I hope you guys enjoyed!

Love you all,

-Alex <3