(H2OVanoss) A Little More

A/n: This is gonna be another sad one. Plus its gonna have a song insert yay! Play it right before you start reading. The lyrics are inserted to help keep pace of where you should be during reading at certain points of the song, so just briefly skim over them or something to make sure you're in the right place. (Btw noticed the song wasn't playing before I think it's fixed now tho. If it still doesn't play, sorry. Just listen to it outside of Wattpad.)

I got out of bed, slipping on some jeans and my red jacket. I had no idea what I was gonna do today. I guess I could go see Delirious, my boyfriend. We were keeping our relationship a secret since our parents and kids at school are homophobics.

I screamed at the top of my lungs

But my voice couldn't save this home.

 I styled my hair up like usual and put on my cool shades, grabbing my phone and heading out the door. The weather was beautiful today.

You're proud of the guns you hold

What's left now? Where can we go?

Before I had gotten out of my yard though, I picked up the newspaper on the walkway. I skimmed over it quickly. I scoffed and threw it in the trash, continuing my walk to Delirious's house. The world is just getting worse and worse. I kept walking along, not really paying attention to much. 

I had a dream that the world changed
And for a minute there was no pain
Instead of presidents and old sayings
I heard lyrics from Kurt Cobain

I continued walking, thinking about the things I had seen on the front page of the newspaper.

Then I wake up to see the world's ill
Oceans tainted from the oil spills
How many kids have these wars killed?
How many families can't afford bills?  

I wish that I could let the world know
That it's okay to let the pain show
And even though times seem bad
It always rains before the rainbow  

*Chorus* Read on...

I continued walking and rounded the corner, Delirious's house coming into view. There wasn't any cars in the driveway, which either meant he wasn't there or he was home alone. I quickened my pace a bit and saw some guys from school come out of his house, laughing. I hid behind a tree until they were out of my view. What the hell was going on? Those guys hated Delirious...wait a minute...did they?...

(I think we all)
We all need a little more love
(I think we all)
We all need a little more love

I ran up to Delirious's front door, seeing it left open by the guys who were there only seconds before.

(We just need)
A little more love
(The world needs)
A little more love  

I walked into the house, trying to find Del, not seeing him in his kitchen or dining room. Then I saw a note on the table. I picked it up, only seeing six words on it: "They know about us. I'm sorry." I heard a thump come from the living room and I panicked, running over to see what the noise was.

In my hood money equals power
And in the world money controls everything we believe in
I can see we're in our darkest hour
Cause it feels like the government just as crooked as the police 

I ran into the the living room and stared in horror at my boyfriend lying on the floor, bloody and bruised, with a deep cut across his wrist.

"Jonathan!" I yelled, rushing over to him. His eyes were shut and his breathing was shallow. I picked him up and brought him outside. I needed help now.

I spent the weekend catchin' up on the news
A girl committed suicide after she was bullied at school
Cause some dudes told her she wasn't cool
But you would rather gossip about a famous person breaking the rules

"Help! Someone please help!" I yelled as loud as I could. People rushed out of their houses, running over to Jonathan who was now laying in the street with me by his side, trying to stop the bleeding.

I'm confused, tell me is my life's price worth the jewels?
They told me fight night I'm supposed to lose
Just cause in hindsight, they don't like my type
White boy with some rhythm and blues

[Chorus]

"Babe, wake up," I said, tapping his cheek lightly. He didn't move. A circle had formed around us and most of them had heard what I had just called Del, but I didn't care right now. I just wanted him to be okay. He had to be okay. I couldn't live without him. I needed him. 

(I think we all)
We all need a little more love
(I think we all)
We all need a little more love
(We just need)
A little more love
(The world needs)
A little more love

I needed to tell him something, even if he couldn't hear me, he needed to hear it. Everyone did for that matter.

"You can give up like they tell you
Stop like they tell you
Be scared to dream for the top like they tell you
But I'm tryna tell you, fuck what they tell you,"  
I said, giving him a peck on the lips and a tear rolling down my face. His breathing stopped as well as his heart.

I stood up, more tears running down my face. I looked up at everyone to see they all had their phones out, cameras pointed down at my dead boyfriend. I looked at them all in shock, shoving my way out of the circle. They barely noticed me leave.

(I think we, uhh) And in these dark times, as as a part of a generation they claim can't be saved, it's important to know we're not blind, we see the truth through blue and dark eyes, and I would rather die on my feet then live on my knees if I can't live free. Right now in the world we just need (a little more love). 

[Instrumental]  Read on...

I walked back to my house, still in shock over my boyfriend dying and no one else seeming to care. More tears streamed down my face as I got to my house, sitting down on the front steps. Those bastards had driven him to suicide. How could anyone be that mean? I put my head in my hands, trying to control my emotions. It wasn't fair. This shit of a world needed,

A little more love.

A/n: Sad, sad, and even more sad. This was based off of the music video for this song, so I'm giving some credit to MGK. I hope you guys enjoyed my first song insert. So, I'll see you guys in the next one shot! Bye!

-Alex