Chapter 37

Hinata's POV:-

I watch from our table as Naruto sat alone for lunch. He was eating and studying. I look around the table to see the couples talking to each other and laughing. Neji asks if I am okay and I nod and smile.

Suddenly the whole cafeteria was quiet as Karin walks in briskly, takes her lunch and sits at Naruto's table. Naruto looks up when he hears the chair being pulled out and smiles at Karin.

I watch shocked as he talks to her smiling. I look around the table to see everyone staring at them.

"And now he is talking to the bitch like she's a saint or something!" Ino speaks.

"Why is he talking to her? He knows what she did to his best friend." Tenten says frowning

"He is not our friend anymore." Neji states plainly.

I see Gaara looking at them for a little while longer and then eating his food like it's nothing.

***
Toneri was asking me something when I notice Naruto at his locker.

"Yeah sure." I say making sure Naruto was listening.

I can feel his gaze on me.
"So I will pick you up at 7:00." Toneri says.

Wait. What?!

Naruto starts to walk to wards me when Neji approaches me and he stops. Neji accompanies me to his car glaring at Naruto who was still rooted to his spot.

I had no interest whatsoever going with Toneri anywhere. I just wanted to see Naruto's reaction. I still don't believe those pictures. I don't know why he is not saying anything. It's like he is afraid of something.

***

"I can't go." I say with a sorry look.

"But you..."

"I know. But I have some work."

He looks at me dejected.
"All in waste..." He mutters and nods.

I suddenly feel guilty and tell him to wait.
"I will just change." I say sighing

***

Naruto's POV:-

"She is going."

"Dammit!" I yell over the phone. I was so happy when she said she had work.

"Do we have to follow them?"

"Just see where they are going." I say massaging my temples.

"Tell me again why you are helping me?' I ask

"Because even though you are not telling us the truth, we know you are doing nothing wrong..."

I start chuckling. "Shut up dobe." The second voice snaps.

I smile at them. "And stop smiling."

"You are really creepy Gaara."

"You are really easy to decipher."

"Okay they are on the move. We will call you if something is fishy."

***
I was driving as fast as I could. I got a message from Sasuke that I should come at once.

I hit the breaks and get out before the car even stops.

I see Hinata sitting with a coat on looking at nothing in particular.

I look at her as her eyes meet mine. Gaara comes forward and whispers something in my ear which makes my jaw tighten.

Toneri tried to abuse Hinata once again. But Hinata took care of herself. Gaara said that they heard a scream and followed the voice to Hinata who told them everything.