Chapter 24

Naruto's POV:-

"Shut up." He mutters annoyed.

I pout at him.

"Sasuke!!" I whine and give him a light punch in the arm for shutting me out. I am his best friend damnit!

I feel someone approaching me. I turn and frown when I realize who it is.

"What do you possibly want now?" I grit out at the person, a sudden burst of anger overcoming me.

Sasuke shoots me a glare to calm down. Oh, now he wants to give me the time of his day! I roll my eyes at his attitude.

"I need to talk..." Toneri says scoffing at my annoyance, "...to you." he adds staring hard at me.

"Not interested." I say turning away from him and staring right ahead.

I hear him sigh and then a dry chuckle.

"Then I guess, I will just talk to Hinata alone, without you." he says turning and walking out without another glance.

My legs quickly perk up at my girlfriend's mention and I follow him.

"You are kidding. Hinata would never talk to a bastard like you. Especially after you tried to ruin her life." I grit out, convinced.

"Oh! Then who's that?" He muses motioning to my girlfriend sitting on an empty bench, waiting for someone. That someone being Toneri.

What the hell? Why is she ready to talk to him?

I follow him to where she sat, thoughts racing in my mind.

She looks up at me and gives me a short smile. I don't return that smile.

"What did you want to talk about?" She gets straight to the point as soon as he is within her earshot.

"Take a seat first. What's the hurry?" Toneri says smirking and taking a seat opposite us.

"We have class dumbass. That's the hurry." I deadpan, glaring at him.

Nonetheless, I take a seat and pull Hinata onto my lap. She let's out a small yelp and shoots me a confused glare. I smile sweetly and then smirk at Toneri who was now glaring daggers at me.

What? It was important to establish the facts. Hinata is my girl and he had to know that clearly even if I have to drill it in his mind.

"Speak up." she says tiredly

"I am truly sorry." He says with a truly sincere gaze.

I raise my brows in question.

What is he trying to pull off now?

"It was wrong of me to do what I did and I truly regret it."

Wow. I think impressed by his acting prowess. The words, the sincerity.... But it couldn't fool me. I know who he is. What he is. He is a jackass trying to screw us over again by his tactics.

"....I wish to make it up to you. Both of you. And I totally understand if you refuse but everyone deserves a second-"

Hah! As if that's gonna wor-

"You are forgiven." Hinata says.

My gaze snaps to her. I look at her shocked. What? Is she out of her mind? He doesn't deserve a second chance. He's a worthless piece of shit!