Chapter 17

Naruto's POV:-

I look up to see Hinata standing at the door.

"Hinata." I mutter and smile at the shy girl.

"I... the door was open, so I came in." Hinata mutters not looking at me.

I nod brushing it off and moving to a much more important question.

"Are you okay, Hinata?"

She nods and remains quiet. I frown. She is hiding from me.

"Is there something bothering you?" I ask again, very well knowing why she is acting like this but wanting her to say it, looking at me but she changes the topic.

"How are you feeling, Naruto-kun?"
She asks still not looking me.

Enough. She can't blame herself for this.

I quickly get off the couch and walk towards her surprising her with the quick action.

I raise her chin and force her to look into my eyes. I find myself getting lost in her beautiful pale eyes.

I come back to my senses when I see her eyes fill with water and flow down her cheeks.

"Hinata...." I whisper and pull her into a hug and try to sooth her.

She is sobbing uncontrollably now and I feel guilty.

"Hinata, please stop crying. I know everything that happened today. Gaara told me and it's not your fault. Please don't blame yourself. And it's not that Toneri escaped punishment right? He got suspended for two weeks.... That's enou...."

I am cut off by her angry tone.

"For bullying Naruto-kun! Not for beating you up and almost letting you die!"

"Hinata." I snap her attention to me "At least he got some punishment. So many kids would be happy to be rid of their bully. Now he can't hurt them anymore. Think about that." I smile cupping her face to look at me.

She looks away and shakes her head.

"I am a terrible person. I didn't do anything for you while you did so much for me." She says getting out of my grasp and retreating backwards .

"I am a terrible friend." She mutters looking at me.

"No you are not! Stop! Hinata..." I tell her but she ignores me.

She runs out of my house crying and I stand there rooted to my spot my eyes wide.

You are not a terrible friend Hinata. And you are not a terrible person.

I was angry. Angry at Hinata. Why does she have to complicate things and take all the blame on herself. It was frustrating how selfless and kind she is, that I had to tell her every single time that it is not her fault and she still wouldn't stop blaming herself.

I was so angry that I punched the coffee table beside me to take out my anger. Blood started dripping down my hand, but I didn't care. It didn't pain much. It was not even close to the pain I was suffering when Hinata ran out of my house.

You are and you will always be a baka! How can you let your love slip through your hands without even struggling for it!