Temporary Happiness

Start from the beginning

Daniella's POV

I was so happy right now. This was one of the best days of my life. We were now headed outside and were finally about to find out the sex of our little one. My mom and Ms. Celine set it up to where I would throw a ball and Kaydence would hit it with a bat, making it burst and either pink or blue would spill out. Everyone gathered around us, recording and Ms. Celine was on FaceTime with Dior since she couldn't be here with us.

"Okay. Count down. . 1, 2, 3." I threw the ball and Kaydence hit it. Blue confetti went everywhere. I ran over to Kaydence while he jumped up and down. "Yes!" He pulled me into a tight hug while I cried tears of joy. This was a kind of happiness that I never felt before but wouldn't mind feeling forever. Kaydence was so damn excited and I'd never seen him so happy. He too, was shedding a few tears. Everyone hugged and congratulated us. This was a moment that could never be forgotten.

**

"We can start working on the nursery probably some time next week." Kaydence said. I was doing some online shopping for our little guy already. I couldn't help myself.

"Really Dani?" He rolled over laughing at me once he saw the MacBook screen. "Whaaat?"

"Nothing, nothing. Do your thing." He took his shirt off and then left out of the room.

We were gonna have a baby shower in a few months but the baby would be more than good before then. I had already started buying pampers and everything because like Kaydence said, "No Lacking."

Omniscient's POV

"Bitch. Look what's all over Instagram!" Jes showed Ayriel a video of Kaydence and Daniella outside of a nice building. The two were hugging and people around them were clapping. Pink and blue balloons were everywhere so this had to be a baby shower or some shit.

"Tha- he got her pregnant?!"

"Obviously! Look at the caption." The caption read:

#GenderRevealParty ITS A BOY!

Ayriel was silent. It was obvious that she was feeling some type of way. "You okay?" Jes asked her. "Hell no, I'm not okay! That's not right." She watched the 1 minute video three more times before she gave Jes her phone back. Jes could see the envy all over her face and she knew her friend more than anybody and with that being said, Ayriel was up to something.

"What are you thinking?"

"About how bad this nigga just fucked up."

"You know wrong or right, I support you but look. . he's happy, they're happy and are about to start a family and I think it's best that you find your happiness as well."

"Happiness? This nigga took my daughter away from me and is about to have another child with another bitch! How am I supposed to be happy Jes?"

"Just stop being so bitter. All of this shit happens for a purpose. . You never know what's bound to happen later on. Now you go to this man's house acting crazy and guess what's gonna happen? He's gonna kill you or you're gonna go to jail. . She's pregnant, so what Ayri? I know that you miss Karcyn and eventually, you will get your child back but acting the way you're acting, things are not gonna end too well."

"Whatever Jes. Y'all swear y'all know every damn thing but y'all don't understand how the fuck I feel. Y'all wonder why I'm so mean and bitter and shit but never bother to ask me why I'm like this."

"What're you tryna say?"

"I don- Its just. . I don't know. Never mind." She stumbled over her words. She knew why she was the way she was but was afraid to tell anyone. Jes was her bestfriend and she felt that she could tell her anything but this was just way too deep of a secret.