Chapter sixteen

Unedited.

The next chapter is going to be Thea.

By the way this chapter is going to suck. Major. Ass. Meaning: boring asf.

Chapter seventeen :

"Don't waste your love on somone who doesn't value it."

- R&J by William Shakespeare

   When I exit the boutique my eyes get a quick glimpse of Mel opening a car door to access the passenger side of the unknown veichle. Her head turns my direction and she notices me : our eyes meet for a split second before she vanishes into the car. My eyes watch as the car reverses out the lot, into the road connected to the side of the building and takes off. 

   I avert and face the veichle I had driven here. My free hand inserts the key into the ignition and rotates the shaped metal so that the engine of Evan's veichle hums in an awakening. I set the plastic bag that is occupied with clothes to the passenger seat and make my way out the lot of the clothing store. While I am driving towards my destination, my mind continuously runs thoughts of Thea and what she had promised the other day before her exit.

   If she were to return, what will happen then? Where would we go? I don't even know her surname, how could I think so recklessly, yet not know much about her? These questions begin to invade my mind, each making me dig further into a pool of doubt. Suddenly, a 'Honk!' following a unison of others, interrupts my train of thought. My eyes shoot to inspect the green light that hangs high while it beams my direction. Finally, my foot weighs down on the pedal and I commence to drive once again.

   Within a span of ten minutes, I arrive at the lot of the apartment complex. Carelessly, I park the Evan's car into an empty parking space and exit the veichle as quick as I can. My feet take me up the stair case leading to my final destination.

  My fingers flick through the chain to find the right key and once it is found my hand inserts the key into the opening. I finally open the door. Only to find Evan standing with his arms crosses along his chest.

   With my foot, I kick the entrance close behind me, "How long have you've been standing there?" I inquire in a low voice.

   "Ten minutes," Evan answers. "It was well worth it." He adds in a sneer.

  As I walk to the counter, my hands toss the keys about. My lips split open to respond, "How come?" I question while walking toward the living room, only to encounter a familiar figure sitting with proper posture on one of the matte-leather couches.

   Immediately, my subconscious plans an escape. I rotate on the balls of my feet, but the moment my body takes foward, I feel a hand grip the collar of my shirt and tug me back without any remorse.

   "You don't have to force him," a weary voice suddenly calls out."I don't have much to say either way," Finally, I reconginze the voice.

  I've seen this woman one too many times today. It's as though she's at an attempt to stalk me. My eyes dilate when they spot Mel lift herself from the couch and make towards me. She stands at least two feet away when she hands me an envelope.

  "I , uh , still want the money for the 'last minute call' we had earlier," Mel requests as she crosses her arms along her busty chest. "Just put the money in there , thanks ," she points to the envelope in my hand.