Chapter Fifteen

Chapter fifteen: UNEDITED

"We don't talk anymore,"

Content: Mild

IT'S BEEN A LITTLE less than forty eight hours since Thea's absence. The hours of the day are going by slowly, taking their time as if taunting me. Since then, Evan has been working on removing me from the lease. During his process I don't even try to stop his actions, because I plan to go somewhere when she returns. My only concern is when Thea reappears. She will need to return within two weeks time, if not I will have to move on without her.

I lay on my bed, thinking and trying predict what will happen in the future. My stomach is aching from the amount of concern that is building. I look over to my right and eye the black, traveling bag I have been filling up earlier with clothes and certain materials. All I need is this plan to work smoothly. Thea is mature and old enough to understand. While I continue to plan, my ears detect the familiar sound of footsteps coming my direction. Lifting my head up, I spot Evan at the door.

"Already packing up?" He questions in a fake, concerned voice. He lets out a small chuckle, "You have two weeks, you have time to look for another apartment," Evan adds while leaning against the frame of the door like he usually does.

My eyes slightly roll, "Okay." I breath, whilst letting my head set on the bed.

"And a job," He adds.

"Okay," I say, already annoyed at his presence. "While I'm gone, you can finally get some pussy that actually stays ." The words come out as a defence to my persona. My head rises to catch his reaction.

Evan clicks his tongue, "Touché," He nods before turning on the soles on of his feet, indicating that he is about to leave.

    A moment after he does, I grow bored of my surroundings. My body pushes itself from the mattress and makes to my computer. I pull the rolling chair from the desk and take a seat on it before quickly pressing the button of the computer on. A yawn parts from my lips while I scroll through my history page. If you knew me well, you wouldn't be surprised at the sight. But if you and I had just met, you will feel the need to be distant from me.

    My hand navigates drag the mouse pointer to the 'select all' option and watch as all the searches highlight in selection before disappearing. I sigh an "Okay" before going to the main search engine and typing in 'Motels', within seconds I am introduced to thousands of results. I go to the most trustworthy site and book a five day stay at a motel that is an hour or so from here.

   Since I want this done smoothly, I need to have Thea prepared. I can't just all of sudden say, "Hey, we're leaving without anyone knowing," It will make her question and most likely panic. I'll just have to set up a bag before Thea's arrival, so that when she does arrive, I'll have the bags ready. And I need to do it before Evan returns to his salty mood. Surprisingly calm, I collect some of my necessary things and rush out the door. My body makes through the hallway and when it finally reaches the main view of the apartment, my eyes immediately look at the counter where the keys were lied on top. Quickly, I snatch the keys and swiftly exit the apartment. On the way towards the car, I pull out my phone and send Evan a message letting home him know I'm borrowing his car.

My phone receives a response seconds later from Evan reading: You fucking bitch

   I leave his message with no response and instead place my phone in its rightful place inside my back pocket. Evan's car is parked right in front of our building, so I didn't have a hard time finding the vehicle. My hand grips the appropriate key within my fingers. At a good pace, I unlock the door prior to pulling it open and seating myself on the driver's side of the car. Inserting the key into the ignition, I allow the car to warm up for a bit before I pulled out the lot and made to the only female clothing store I knew.