Chapter - Seven

Chapter Eight:

"Like they always say, more cushion for the pushin', "

Scene: apartment

Content: Mild

CALUM'S EXPRESSION FALLS, his smile is now replaced with the opposite of the showcasing emotion he had before. "No, please don't cry, it's not what it seems--"

"I don't even know you? What makes you think you can just point out--" My words are full of anger with each one I spill from my lips.

"What, that you're fat?" He says as if I was the one acting completely stupid. The word collides into my brain, and it automatically makes me flare.

Blood rushes to my facial region, not from humiliation, but from irritation and annoyance. My brain begins to progress certain sets of vocabulary to put into use. I press my hands together, and intertwine the fingers tightly, tight enough that the knuckles are bone-white and visible.

"Calum," I exhale the word from my mouth and roll my eyes up daringly to meet his dark ones. "What. . . was that?" I add in a whisper, usually I would yell and jump on whoever dared to bring up my insecurity. But, this seemed to be all emotion. It feels disturbing, and makes me feel weak.

"Listen--" Calum starts sternly, but I refuse to let him finish.

"Just stop," I let the words out in a small sob before reaching for the knob behind me. "I don't know what's your fucking problem, but if that's just how you are, I don't want to be anywhere near you." I can feel the moisture escape from my eyes and trail down the small of my cheek. Tears, he was able to make me sob. Bravo.

"Thea," I hear his voice call in a soft voice as I turn the knob and quickly open it.

Ignoring him I rushed down the hall and cracked open my lips, "Evan!" I yell so loud that it nearly echoed somehow. I continuously called for Evan but no response, what the fuck! If only Calum knew the hell I had to go through just to be considered a normal weight. And how I gained it back.

"Evan, take me home, please!" My voice cracks slightly at the volume I achieved. I continue to search the small apartment for Evan, but he was no where to be found. Did he seriously leave me here with his friend I barely know?

"He left," The familiar accented voice sounds through the dense air, making me freeze in my footsteps, I unknowingly find myself to be at the corner of Evan's artistic room.

I turn slowly to find the familiar lean figure with his shoulder against the frame of the entrance. My eyes instantly look to the ground in order to be distracted from the male.

"And you didn't tell me," I mutter under my breath. Get near me and I'll step on you, and you won't like it.

  "Evan told me not to tell you, but. . he's getting us lunch," Calum sighs and I my ears detect the sound of heavy footsteps being made towards me. Before I question his words, he speaks once again, "He's getting your favorite food." Calum adds. As if a miracle, my senses brightened.

My thoughts deepen into my head about the infinite choices. And as if on cue I feel my abdominal region vibrate at the thought of edibles. After seconds, I come into realization and snap my head towards Calum, whom was staring at me with lustful eyes.