Chapter - Four

Chapter Four: Unedited

"I'm just Calum, what do I know?"

Scene: Standard room, dark

  "SHIT,"  I SAY, embarrassed. And I turn the knob, hoping it is the entrance to the bathroom. Instead it's another room.  It's dark and the only thing lighting up the space is what seems a computer screen. I step back, not wanting to explore the eerie sight. But as I did, I felt myself lightly press up against warm and living.

  "Well, this isn't the bathroom, is it?" an unfamiliar accented voice says close to my ear.

My breath hitches in my throat, I can feel the muscle tighten. I take small hesitant steps forward, and slowly turn my body towards the other living warmth and cross my arms as I looked for a distraction.

  "No. . it isn't, " The words come dry and soft, not exactly what I was expecting. I dare myself to look up, and immediately I regret it. He was staring right at me. It doesn't take long until I hear a heavy footstep move towards me, the deep sound made my body nearly jump. "I don't know where it is, it's my first time here." I say, boldly this time.

"You could've asked where it was," Calum, if I remember was his name, replies bluntly as I feel his lean body brush past mine. I can hear the floor slightly creak with each step he made. After seconds in the darkness, my ears detect a small click and  the light sources power on. My eyes instantly close at the contact, I give myself some time to adjust to the lighting before proceeding.

"Well, Evan told me where it was, but it is dark in this apartment," I say, a small smile beginning to form on my face. When I realize that Calum hasn't yet responded after a brief pause, I look to him and snap my fingers to get his attention. "Are you okay?" I ask shortly as I remain in my stance, not planning on moving anywhere close to the guy.

Not long after I asked him for assurance, he shook his head, almost as if he snapped back into reality. "Oh, yeah. . . I'm good," Calum says with a sheepish tone as he bit his lower lip while his eyes trailed my body for the second time.

Um. . .

  "Was nice meeting you," I say quickly before making towards the open door to exit. Just as I was inches away from the exit, I feel a warmth wrap around my  wrist. I whip my head toward the owner.

"Lets get to know each other better, yeah?" Calum says, almost as if he was pleading. "You are going out with my friend, we might as well." He adds with a grin as I felt his eyes on me once more.

"Maybe another time, Evan is waiting and I don't--" Before I can say anything else I feel a cool finger stroke my lips. The gesture almost leaves me speechless.

I look back to Calum who seemed proud of he did out of the blue. I pull my hand from his touch and smile at him. "You are a weird guy, you know that?" I say as I let a small chuckle escape my lips. I take things as a joke most of the time.

"I'm just Calum, how would I know," Calum says with a chuckle in return. And after his words, he looks to me, I can feel his eyes wonder for what seemed the hundredth time. "This might be weird for you, but how big is your waist?"

My eyes widen, I can feel my throat tighten again. "I don't. . I don't know,"I say in a chuckle, hoping the awkwardness doesn't reach my actions.

Calum makes towards me, "Would you mind if I measure?" As soon as I felt the heat of his hands near my abdominal region, I back away.

  "You're joking right? " I let out in a dry scoff as I eyed him in confusion.

He looks to me apologetically before making toward what it seems his computer, Evan warned me of the content he watches, so I pray I am prepared for what is to pop up at the screen. While I observe, Calum takes a seat in a cushioned, rolling chair and turns to me.