Chapter - Two

Chapter Two :

"You look . . . different,"

Scene: Casual , interaction through out, a bit dark.

  DISCOVERY MALL COMES into view from afar. Laura and I prepare early, as we intend to exit the vehicle as soon as he stops the car in front of the large building. Meanwhile, Val is still trying to start something between her and the young, attractive, taxi driver, which she hasn't even gotten a name out of. My eyes avert from the window and I instead find myself staring into the rear view, where the drivers blue eyes suddenly meet mine. He gives me a quick wink before returning his attention back to the road before him.

  The driver's eyes stay put on the road for the remainder of the way. Causing Val to let out a small sigh in defeat, as she gave it her all to receive his personal number. I let out a small chuckle as Valerie now sits quiet and glumly in her seat with her elbow propped against the door, while her chin rests on her propped hand.

  "Hey, this isn't West Side," Val murmurs as she clicks her fingernails against the glass of the window.

  Laura rolls her eyes, "That is because we're going to Discovery, dumb ass," I feel my mouth form a slight 'o' shape as I sit quietly to relish the moment. Their fights were always one of the best things that can happen.

  "Sorry, can't hear you because of that dick in your mouth," Val responds in a surprisingly calm voice as she straightens her posture in order to allow her next response to exit her lips smoothly.

The driver suddenly burst into uncontrollable laughter, and at that moment the two females cause an uproar in the car. The man at the wheel decides to park the car at the side of the road to also enjoy the show. I watch the two go at each others throats, while the driver has a packet of Skittle's in his hand, with some of the candy served in the other palm. Suddenly, he turns to me, "Do they do this often?" He asks, his eyes still watching the brawl between the two women.

I nod my head, "They do, it's usually Laura who starts everything," I gesture my head toward Laura who was about to get out her seat. Suddenly the drivers eyes avert from the others and go to me. My cheeks heat up when I realize he's observing me. I look up and meet his blue eyes.

   "What's your name?" he questions, whilst placing a skittle into his mouth.

My hands press against each other, "Thea," I manage to say my name without stuttering, for what it seemed a awhile.

  The driver sets his packet of skittles into the cup holder next to him and wipes his hands on his jeans before sneaking his hand around his seat so that it is in my view. "I'm Luke," He says with a smile. I shake Luke's hand and after doing so, his hand is out of view and grabs the packet of skittles in the cup holder. "By the way it's twenty three for the ride." He adds in smirk as he chews on his skittles.

  I blink several times before I take in the scenery around us."How long have we been sitting here?" My stomach begins to ache from concern about Evan waiting inside the mall, alone.

  Luke bites his bottom lip, which I just notice has a hoop piercing, "About twenty minutes," He shrugs as he fixes is posture. Quickly, I pull out a twenty and five dollar bill and hand the money to the driver. Luke hands me my change as well as small white piece of paper. "If you ever need anything." He says to me in a genuine smile.