I go to a family reunion

We walked down the fields of Asphodel. Groaning  spirits stood on the ground, not smiling, not frowning, just standing.

"How many more paces until Bryce Canyon?" I said.

"Now, about 93 steps left until we hit Prometheus's landmark." Hallie said to her map.

"Can't we just shadow travel? The plants here are dying." Darrien said. His life force is almost attached to the plants around him and, at the moment, looked kinda pale.

"That's the same thing like asking if you can take a train on a train. You can't shadow travel in a world of shadows." Hallie said annoyed.
Theseus bounded around me, looking for Cerberus. Hallie had gotten him pumped about meeting her three headed dog.
I lifted my shoe when I heard a squishing sound. I looked at my Converse.

"Ewwwww!" I complained. I rubbed the muck off my shoe on some dead grass and kept walking.

Darrien winced, as if I just stabbed him. "Plants don't like being used as door mats, Wise girl." He used his hand to wipe dirt off of his face.

We kept walking at least 30 more paces until I heard a loud bark.

"Cerberus!" Hallie called. She ran over to the black Rottweiler with three heads. She knelt down to rub his back.
"How are you, old pal?"

Theseus ran over to Cerberus and they began to playfully chase each other. Hallie threw a bony arm and Cerberus caught it in his middle mouth. The left and right side started barking at the middle. Theseus rolled over affectionately.

I raised an eyebrow. "Is Cerberus a gal?"

"Yeah. Why?" Hallie said, throwing a squeaky skull.

"I think Theseus just met with Aphrodite." I said. Theseus licked Cerberus on all three heads. Cerberus rolled on the ground.

I turned my back from the couple.
"Back to business. Can't we just, like, ask a spirit to carry us or whatever?" Abigail said.

"No, nature girl. Spirits can't touch things that are solid. And they devour the living, except me, for their souls. A soul to them is like a steak for us." Hallie said.

"How about your dad? Can't he help?" Payton said.

Hallie shook her head with a dark expression. "Father doesn't like visitors in his realm. Especially children of the gods. The gods don't like him so they were reluctant to invite me to Olympus."

"He seems friendly." Abigail said.

A black chariot raced towards us with skeleton horses pulling it.

"What are you all doing in this realm?" The driver said.

"Nothing, sir." Darrien said.

Hallie rolled her eyes. "Hello, Father."