Athena's gift

At the end of the day, I raced to my bedroom. Dorm sweet Piper-less Dorm. I sat on my desk and got to my homework. Just as I was reciting the names of monsters Hercules battled, my window rattled open.

"Ariana, Daughter of Athena, DemiGod of Wisdom and Inventing, art thou present?" Zephyr the West wind thundered.

"Art thou-I mean- I'm thou- Uh, I mean- It's me." I stammered.

"Athena, Goddess of Wisdom, Principal of Olympus High, and your Mother, brings you a package." Zephyr boomed. The magical wind carting the package dropped it in my room as the sparkles of  Zephyr exited my window.

I got on my tippy toes and closed the window. I then sat criss- cross on the carpet floor and ripped open the package.

I saw.............

...........A Navy Blue cap with the symbol of Pi on it. I gave a puzzled look.

"Questions?" Zephyr said. He startled me so bad I fell on the floor.

"Um, yeah. Why the symbol of Pi?" I said, propping myself back up.

"Pi is the Greek number your Mom invented. She wanted something to remind you of her." Zephyr replied. After a few moments, I got creeped out.

"Why are you still here?" I said.

"All part of Zephyr WW Package service." He said. His sparkles leaned closer to me, to shape like a hand cupped over his mouth and my ear. "Much better than the snooty Hermes Delivery Service. We have much better quality. No sweaty hands touch our packages. Only cool west breeze." Zephyr whispered.

I hid a snort as thunder boomed. Even though it was a sunny day here on Olympus High.

Zephyr's sparkles faced the ceiling. "Sorry! It's not personal, it's just business!" He yelled.
He then handed me a clipboard and I filled out the amount of lightning bolts I rated the service. His sparkles then left me alone. I held the cap in my hand. I walked to the vanity then looked at myself. Blue wasn't much my colour. More of Payton's. But, then again, I'd never seen him wear something so....................................nerdy.

I placed it on my head. I was about to comment on how grey would've gone with my eyes but I couldn't.

Because I was invisible.

"Any more questions?" Zephyr said.

"Why do you always pop up when I do have one?" I said.

"I'm Zephyr. I sense curiosity in the air. Either that or you hang out with my Piper too much." He said, eyeing my dorm.

"Okaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay. Why am I invisible?" I said.

"Athena. Goddess of battle strategy. Pretty smart if you're in danger." Zephyr answered.

I then shooed him out the window.

I looked at my hands. They were still there but when I looked in the mirror they weren't. Now I get it. I can see myself but no one else can.

I then slipped out the door, wondering what I could do with a hat.

I went in the girls bathroom and heard sobbing.

I stepped into the handicap stall and saw Michelle, sitting on the toilet, crying. Apparently I was a ghost, invisible and could walk through walls.

"Mom, why did you get ruined into a monster?" Michelle said.

I heard faint whispers but wasn't able to make out the words.