Another monster ruins my day

We scanned through the pages. "Hey! Abby, that's your Mom!" Piper said.

She pointed to a girl with blonde hair wearing braces. We all started to laugh.

"I still can't believe the Goddess of Beauty wore braces in High School for 100 years." I said, wiping away a tear.

"And Artemis is still a hearty animal lover." Abigail said. She pointed to a girl with dark hair. She had a quiver of arrows slung across her shoulder and was hugging a bloodhound, a beagle, and a greyhound.

"Wait, You guys are related?" Piper said. "I'm shocked!"

Abigail shoved her. Abigail and Artemis were practically the same person. Messy dorm, always carries a bow and some arrows, loves animals.

"Hephaestus still hasn't changed." Paisley said.

She pointed to a boy holding a silver cane. He was wearing a brown tunic with burnt areas on it and had fire- proof gloves for working in the Forges.

The lyre bell sounded.

We all scattered to our classrooms. I headed out to the courtyard for Weapon- ology.

Piper and I sat down on the grass with a swords in our hands.

"Most important thing to remember is to never let your guard down. Don't focus on your sword. Focus on your enemy."

Achilles the shade, a dead hero who had been brought back from the Gods, was our newest teacher for swords.

"Pair up, people." He announced.

Piper struggled to get up since her armour was heavier than her. I grabbed her hand and pulled her up.

"No maiming, Ashton!" Achilles called.

"Don't let your guard down!" I said to Piper. Thwack! "Again!" Thwack! "Don't let me corner you!" Thwack!

Piper fell to the floor.

I then realized Piper's nose was bloody and she hadn't had drink yet. She was panting hard.

"I'm sorry, Piper! It's just that it's part of the curriculum and-"

Piper swung her sword at my legs and I landed on my back.

She got back up. "Don't let your guard down, Ariana!" She said.

I balanced my self to stand up. She aimed for my chest and I clicked my shield. She hit the shield with a clank! Her sword fell to the floor. She tried to pick it up but I hit her with my shield. She picked it up anyway and went back to our battle. She turned and I put my sword to her throat.

"Nice skills." She said.

I lowered my sword. "Training's getting harder and harder."

A loud growl emerged from the forest.

I cursed in Ancient Greek. "That's a Hellhound from the fields of Punishment!"

Hayden, son of Hechatontire, held up his 3 swords and 2 shields.

Achilles didn't seem all that worried. He was already dead. He had no scent for the Hellhound to follow.

"Um, Coach Achilles! Don't you think we should fight it?" Piper said.

"Hm? I can't hear your, dear. The hellhound is growling too much." He said.

"There are mortals in this class!" I warned.

"Oh? Then let's fight it or whatever." He said.

I walked closer to it.

"Stay back!" I cautioned to the beast.

This thing was about the size of a rhino and had black fur. It's apple red eyes stared me hungrily. I tripped on a sheathed sword and fell back. The hellhound got in pouncing position. It jumped just as I had barely managed to roll away. It's claw had dug through my black and white flannel shirt and left a bloody cut. Several other heroes stepped in front of it to lure it's attention. Kids from Master's Archery class ran out of the woods. Apparently, they had been chasing the beast for quite some time and had now found it. They shot arrows at it's head.

Payton emerged from the forest and shot it's leg.

The hellhound turned on Payton. He stumbled on a log and dropped his sword, leaving him vulnerable.
Payton was one of the worst GodBoys I have ever met, and yet he was the sweetest. He's forgiving and kind and someone I'd want as a friend.

Which is why I saved him.

I stood up and made eye contact with Payton, my eyes saying stay still I'll save you. He reached for his sword but the Hellhound swatted it away. I edged towards Payton. The hell hound sniffed the air, sensing something different.
Payton got it's attention by hitting his fist on the log and the hellhound turned to him. The animal growled, angry. I swung at it's leg and it turned into a shower of gold spores. I stepped back to avoid the locker rooms. Payton, unfortunately, didn't know so he got drenched with golden monster goo.

"Thanks." He said, panting. "Back there. You saved my DemiGod life."

"Okay, okay. Break it up." Professor Ladon said. He was the official monster captor, often using the golden spores for an analysis on what the beats were and to download them into the forest of beats. He was wearing some latex gloves and carried a tube.

He touched a finger on Payton and applied the goo to his tube. "Mr. Mendella, I would advissse for you to not get too cocky when being a hero. If you weren't immortal and Ariana wasssn't here, I highly doubt that you would be ready to faccce the danger."

Atlas the Demititan (no longer a pig but still pretty ticked off) walked over to us.

"You two lovebirds better get you're act straight. This class would've gotten killed." He said.

"But we didn't. We saved the class." Payton protested.

"Says the guy who got saved by a GoddessGirl." Atlas said. He stormed off to his friends .

Payton's face was blushing a little bit. I stared at Payton.

"What? What're you thinking?" He said.

"I'm thinking," I said, "I want you on my team for the chariot races."