Dining on Yambrosia

What was ambrosia? Or nectaroni? Or cheese Styx? I decided to take some nectaroni and a carton of nectar. With a small Oracle- O- Cookie, I headed for a table. But which one? I wanted to go to where Payton was but that seemed like the Godboys only type of thing. I found another table but with Michelle sitting there. A girl with blond curly hair sat with Abby and some other girls. I headed for their table until Michelle blocked me. "Going somewhere, Ari?" She said. Her crones laughed with her. "Cut it out, Saffron and Eva. We may be cousins but stop trying to be a mini me."

"I know what you're trying to do. Friend with populaur Goddessgirls and Godboys but in reality, you are some poor, lonely Goddessgirl who belongs on earth. " Michelle snickered.

"Leave me alone." I said, my teeth gritting. I tried walking away but she grabbed my wrist. " What did you say? I couldn't hear you." She said innocently.

" I said leave me alone!" I yelled and pushed them back. They simply stood there stunned. Even I stood there stunned. I never was the violent type. The entire Cafeteria had their eyes on me. " Oh. My. Gods." I said. But heard a voice on the intercom. "Ariana Triton, please head to the office. Ariana Triton." I walked to the office woefully and opened it up.

"Ariana, what were you thinking? Shoving your friends?" Mom said.

"They aren't my friends! They were picking on me!" I protested.
Mom touched my cheek. "Maybe it was a bad idea to go to Olympus. Maybe earth was safer for you." Mom said.

" Mom, even if I go back to earth, I'll still be a DemiGod." I said.

Mom nodded his head and I left. As I did, in the nurses office were, Saffron, Eva, and Michelle, lying down in a clot.

I went back to the Cafetreia. Everything seemed pretty normal. I went to sat down at the table I wanted.

"Hey, Ariana." Abby said.

We were all met with awkward silence until curly spoke up. " Why did you do that? Are you dangerous? Should we stay away from you? Are you new? What's your name? Are you from earth?"

Leaping Olympians, I thought. Does she ever stop asking questions?

"Piper, Please. Ariana doesn't need new questions." Abby said. "Pandora's daughter. Woman of curiosity." Abby whispered.

I then drank some of my nectar. "Look, I know you seem a little out of place but look around. You're not the only one with bizarre powers. I mean, look at Michelle, except for Piper. She can turn mortals to stone and once Piper's Mom."

"Yuck. All this disgusting nectar is making me vommit. You gonna try out for the GoddessGirl Squad at OH? " A girl with dark hair asked. I shook my head.

"I'm way to behind at this school. Did you guys know that we have to learn how to cast spells on innocent mortals?" I said.

Abby snorted. "It's seniors tradition. You can join with us. Me, you, Abigail, Paisley, and Piper-"

"Not me. I'm joining flag team. My Mom was part of it so it's kind of tradition." Piper said.

The bell rang and I'd barely eaten anything. Abby saw my worried face and smiled. "Simple.

Belly, Belly, let her have speed.
Because nectaroni is what she needs! "

She chanted. Soon, I was gobbling things up super quick.

"Thanks." I said. I was just about to race to my locker when I realized something. Payton was behind me.  I prayed to the God Hermes, God of speed, that I'd beat Payton. I concentrated and soon, I was there in record time. No way Payton was faster than me now! Payton then wooshed to his locker.

"So is this our thing? Where we race each other to our lockers?" I said, opening my locker.

"Maybe not. Your Mom hates me. When I was walking through the halls, she gave me the stink eye."

"Oh, c'mon. My Mom's never gonna find out." I said, grabbing my Beauty- ology scroll.

"Oh, she will. And when he finds out, you owe me 30 drachmas." He said.

"What are drachmas?" I said, closing my locker.

He then rolled his eyes. "Money. Olympian Money." He then headed to study hall with dozens upon dozens of scrolls.

I then raced to Beauty- ology but was completely unable to focus.

"When doing makeup, always go for bolder shades at night and lighter shades for a day look. Michelle?" Mrs. ThreeGraces said. Michelle had truly been over run with snakes. Almost half her head was covered in Garter snakes. "Michelle, Stone Glasses, now." Mrs. ThreeGraces commanded. Michelle then rolled her eyes and put on same shades. She then walked up to the front.

"Personally, If I were aiming for any look, I'd always use a lime green eye shadow for day and a dark ivy green for night. But some of you don't have my...... Um......... Particular hair to go with the look so light pink blended in should do the trick." Michelle said then walked back to her desk. Piper then raised her hand.

"Why do you use green? It would look kind of silly, wouldn't it?" Piper said, looking at Michelle.

"Wanna see?" Michelle said. She then turned around and whipped off her glasses. Piper and a few others instantly turned to stone. Mrs. ThreeGraces then sighed. "Michelle, demerit after school. And those three have to go to the office. Ariana , do you mind taking them?"

"Not at all." I said. I then spotted the wheelbarrow at the corner of the room I then loaded them on and left class. It honestly was so quiet in the halls. I was almost enjoying myself until Payton was right beside me.

"I swear, Payton, one of these days, I'm gonna have a heart attack." I said.

"You dropped this at lunch. Saw you when I was leaving class." He then handed me my Oracle- O- Cookie and left. I opened it up.

You'll be a hero! It said. But I didn't trust them. I'd been having a terrible day already and I didn't need some chocolate chip piece of dough to give me sympathy. I then stuffed it in my chiton pocket and handed them to the office. Just as I was leaving, Michelle's snakes brushed my cheek........ And licked it!!!! I rubbed it off my cheek just as Michelle, Saffron, and Eva turned to face me.

"Watch it, New GoddessGirl!" She screeched.

"Stop it." I said shoving her. She then shoved me back.

I then noticed that Payton was behind them with a water bottle. I smiled at him.

Boom!!!! Water launched at them through the faucets, pasting their hair to their skulls and Michelle's snakes hissing in anger, and drenching their matching green chitons. "This is far from over!" She hissed. Or was it her snakes?

She then stomped away with her crones following her. I finally smiled on my first day as I walked down the hall.