The party

After what seemed like an eternity, I'd finished my reading. I then wiggled into a fresh new chiton, this time turquoise, to frame my face and go with my eyes. Mom always said it looked great anyway. I was about to leave until I grabbed a spell- ology scroll on my desk. Never could know when Michelle would cause trouble.

        When I went into the dorm, Loud music was being DJ'd by Apollo's son, Aiden. He was turning tables and in a graphic t-shirt with an orange windbreaker. "Ariana, you made it!" Piper called. She made her way towards me sipping a cup of  nectar substitute, a drink tasting, as the mortals said, 'almost as good as real nectar', even though they never had a drop of the real stuff in their puny mortal lives. It also has half the calories of real nectar, making it taste like liquified socks compared to actual nectar. But the mortals don't know the sweet sensation, so they think that this stuff is great.

        She then made a face. "Ugh! Why do store bought packets taste so sour? And why did Aiden make this way too sweet? Wanna know why I can tell? There are still clumps of sugar at the bottom of the cup or what I think is sugar clumps." She groaned, staring longingly into her cup. I poured more water into the cup and she took a sip. "Always thinking." She said.

Abby was walking towards me carrying something that looked like Eos lip balm.

"Hey, Ariana! Check this out! It's-"

"Eos lip balm?" I guessed.

"No, what's that? It's Eros Lip balm. It gives the wearers the ability to make everyone around them fall in love with him or her." She explained. "Try it." She said.

Before I could stop her, she put some on me and instantly three GodBoys around me fell in love.

"Can I get you some chips and ambrosia dip?" One asked.

"Or perhaps some Vodka?" Another said. He then looked around and grabbed two shot glasses from the inside of his jacket. The other two looked at him. "What? Dallas, Son of Dionysus, God of wine."

"I don't drink." I said backing away.

"And you shouldn't. Drinking is often an addiction." The third GodBoy said, eyeing Dallas.

"How about some grape juice?" Dallas said. He then grabbed a juice box that said " DEFINITELY NOT WINE" and tipped it into shot glasses.

"No thanks." I said. I backed away even more only to bump into Michelle. The three GodBoys stepped in front of me but one was shielding their eyes. Michelle didn't have her stone glasses on so Piper and The Gods know how many mortals were vulnerable to her.

"What do you want, Michelle?" One said.

"I sneaked out of demerit. Turned Professor Hercules into stone. Even made that stupid club of his into a stone." Michelle snickered. She headed for the table of snacks. Everyone cleared the area and shielded their eyes even though most of them were immortal making them, therefore, Immune to her stare.

She picked up 4 chips. She popped one in her mouth then gave the rest to her snakes.

"Ugh! Way too salty! I need some NS!" NS was short for Nectar Substitute. She stormed from the snack table and snagged Piper's drink.

"Hey!" Piper wailed. She was about to give Michelle the stink eye until her body was starting to turn to granite.

"Thanks a lot, Michelle! Now if we wanna unfreeze Piper, we need to head to the office and you know they hate dorm parties!" Aiden yelled.

"Oops." Michelle said with a smile.

"It's okay. I'll do it." I said then rested my hand on her wrist and whispered in her ear softly.

"Flesh and bone,
Return from stone!" I chanted.

A huge cloud of smoke puffed and Piper was human again. She coughed then picked bits of marble from her hair.

"What's going on? Why's everyone staring at me?" Piper said, wiping dust off her skin.

Piper's curiosity clearly returned.

Michelle groaned. "I thought you were Athena's daughter. Unless Athena is the Goddess of gloating."

A couple of oohs came from the back of the room. I took a deep breath.

"Look at that? Wise Girl isn't smart enough to think up a comeback." Michelle sneered.

I rolled my eyes. A muscular boy with handsome blond hair started yelling. "Ooh! GoddessChick Fight! 4 drachmas to see the juicy scene by the snack table!" Immediately, people started fishing in their wallets and pockets.

"Shut up, Ashton!" Abby said then made her way to the the snack table with Abigail and Paisley, the girl I saw at the lunch table with Abby and Abigail earlier. She had really pale skin with bright curly red hair with a sunflower yellow chiton. Abigail had dark skin and dark curly hair, rocking her wrinkled red chiton.

"Um, uh, Hey, Abby." Ashton stammered with a goofy smile and giggle.

"Hey." She said sarcastically. "Do you always have to be a pain in the chariot?" She said then linking arms with me.

"Ashton, son of Ares, God of war and battles." Paisley whispered in my ear.

Michelle was getting ticked off so she kept talking. "You'll always be weird. You'll always never fit in. You think you've got talents? Show us." Michelle said, crossing her arms.

"I don't have to prove myself to you." I said, stiffening.

"No, go ahead. Show us." She pressured.

"Fine." She said, heading to the snack table. Fast as Hermes, she grabbed a cup of nectar and threw it at me.

I held up my hands to shield my new chiton. I looked in front of me and found that Payton had stepped in front of me and the nectar had formed in front of me like an orange bubble. Everyone was gawking at me. He waved his left hand to the right and it wiggled to the right. He waved it left and a fit wiggled left. He put his hand in a fist then opened it. It then exploded in front of Michelle, Saffron, and Eva. Michelle screeched.

" I'm sick of you, Ariana! You and your...... Your...... Evil! You have ruined my life! I-"

"Um, Michelle, I think you should-" Paisley said looking at the door.

"I think you should bud out! Besides, who do you think you are?" Michelle said.

"Principal Athena, hater of dorm parties." Mom said.