My courage says goodbye

Just as happy as I was to leave the simulation that day, I had to return to the actual forest the next day. Lucky me, It was Friday, the first Friday of the month. And Professor Ladon had sent us to the Forest Of Beasts.

"Come out, come out, wherever you are." Abigail singsonged under her breath.

"Any beast in particular, A?" I said, holding my shield and sword. I had my cap at the ready.

" Echidna, Chimera, and Giant scorpions. They're closer to our neck of the woods. But if we kill any other beasts, it's extra credit." Paisley explained. Me, Abigail, Abby, Paisley, and Piper had been assigned to the olive grove. Payton, Aiden, Dallas, and Darien (son of Demeter, DemiGod of Nature, and Paisley's cousin), were assigned to the birch grove, conveniently located near our area.

Abby had a bow with her, mainly for the fact that she didn't wanna get close to anything smelly or slimy. Abigail also had a bow, carved from olive wood. Piper had also wanted to keep her distance since the manticore fiasco. She had Cat, daughter of Circe, DemiGod of Magic, place a spell on her so she couldn't take off her armour unless she left the forest of beasts. Paisley and I were the only swordsman.

A rustling sound brushed the air.

"What was that? Where do you think it is?" Piper said, holding Abby's arm to fly.

Abigail's Black- blue eyes widened. She searched the trees.

"Follow me, guys. I think it's this way." Abigail whispered.

We started heading towards a huge Olive tree. It's leaves shook.

"Boo!" Payton, Dallas, Darien, and Aiden said as they jumped from behind the tree.

Piper covered her eyes as they jumped out, ultimately losing grip of Abby and falling to the floor.

Darien snorted. He snapped his fingers. A branch from the olive tree was lowering towards his open mouth. I snapped my fingers and the branch stretched towards me. I closed my jaws and bit the sweet olive. It wasn't cured yet but it was still pretty good. I spit the pit out a mile away.

Darien had his hands on his hips. "How'd you do that?" Darien said, mad about his olive.

I shrugged. "My mom's invention, my will to do whatever I want it to do."

"As much as I love a good snack, you know who else likes olives in this area? Minotaurs." Abigail said.

Everyone gasped. Minotaurs are one of the most scary beasts encountered. No wonder Theseus is still being taught in the textscrolls.

"Abigail has a point. We Should stick together as much as possible without leaving our areas." I said.

We then left to a middle line, halfway between the olive grove, halfway between the birch grove. It was actually a perfect place to picnic. There were beautiful flowers growing in the half point and raspberry bushes accompanied the daisies and roses.

I picked a raspberry and bit into it. Oh, wow. These were really ripe. A perfect amount of sweet and tangy.

Click! Click! Click!

"Fly!" Paisley yelled. We hovered higher into the air. Rip!

A claw had grabbed at Abby's chiton. She gasped. She wheeled around on the beast. She hovered lower to the ground. Then had her bow at the ready. She squinted her eye.

"Swordsman, fly closer to the ground!" Payton commanded.

Me, Paisley, Darien, and Dallas stood on the mossy floor. I finally saw what the beast was.

A giant scorpion.

"Charge!" I said. We ran to the beast. It swung it's claw at me. I then flew into an olive tree trunk.

"Ariana!" Payton said. He then had a determined look on his face. He released his arrow and it missed.

"Archers, Swordsman, Attack!" He said.

They all attacked the beast but the final blow came from Paisley and Darien. They combined their magic to command the nearby olive tree branches into grabbing hold of the beast.

They then both attacked it as it turned to dust. They high- fived each other.

Then everything went black.

"Yup, this one's a doozy. She oughta stay rested for a while." A voice said.

"Are you sure she'll be fine? She has a bruise on her elbow, an infection on her arm, and a concussion." Paisley said.

I sat up. I was sitting on a woven stretcher. There was a table of food beside me. Payton, Aiden, Dallas, Darien, Paisley, Abby, Abigail, and Piper were there. Even Professor Ladon was there. His forked tongue flicked in worry.

My head had a pack of ice on it and my manticore hit had soft bandages around it. I touched it for a moment then held back the urge to cry in pain. There was some aloe Vera ointment on the table.

"You've got a lot of injuries. One of the rules on the GoddessGirl Guide is to alert someone if you're injured. Now you're on strict Doctor's orders to stay rested for a while. Putting pressure on the injuries could cause more damage." Mrs. Hydra's pink head said.

"But the invention fair is 3 weeks away! I need time to think up ideas!" I protested.

"And don't even think about brainstorming ideas! You have to block your brainstorming or the mortals will get angry." Abigail piped up.

I got up from the stretcher and stood up. "Let's get you to the dorm. I'm planning to treat you with my newest tea for the invention fair." Paisley said smiling, linking her arm with mine.

"How about are classes?" I said.

"It's the end of the day. You've been out cold for hours." Abby said. They all linked arms to me as we walked away.