29. You Are My Madara

Madara POV:

After she fainted we all immediately retreated and came back here.

Her body was covered in bandages. I got a medic for her. She unwrapped her bandages, treated her wounds and then wrap her with fresh bandages again.

Her body was covered in whip marks. Seeing her like this made me realize how much she had suffered.

I gritted my teeth in anger. The day I get my hands on them, I will make them regret the day when they were born.

It had been morning now and she hadn't woken up still. I sat by the bed on a chair awoke all the night. Well sometimes sleep took over me but I woke up with even the slightest movement. I won't let something like that to happen again.

My hand which was holding hers felt a movement beneath it. My attention snapped over there. There was a movement in her fingers.

I turned my gaze to her face. Her eyes were tightly shut as if she was trying to open them.

After few seconds those blue glassy orbs came in view for me. My heart clenched painfully when I looked into her eyes.

They were not the same eyes I used to see. They used to be so bright, so full of light and warmth. But now they are dull, cold and empty. They held no emotion. There was no change that occurred when she gazed into mine.

I looked at her face this time. And a sharp pain went past my chest at the emotionless stare I was getting.

No. No. For all these days I have just waited so that I can held her to me again. To look at her beautiful face and to get drowned into that ocean blue eyes.

But this is something what I don't want. She doesn't even look like my Shanaya.

"Shanaya" I managed to say. Her eyes went wide opened when she heard the name.

What is the meaning of this? Why is she reacting this way listening to her name.

She kept her palms in the bed and pushed her body upwards. Getting the hint I wrapped my arms around her figure and helped her. I didn't missed the fact that her body shivered at the contact.

But why? Why is she afraid of me?

Her eyes shifted towards the glass of water. So I helped her with it.

"Shanaya" she said in a soft voice. Her voice had always been soft but this one is different.

It was not as confident as the other's were. It was low and shaky.

"Shanaya" she said again. "Hnn" I said in a questioning tone and hopefully she understood that.

"Is that my name. Am I Shanaya?"

My whole body froze. Shock went pass each and every inch of my body. My jaw dropped and fists clenched at her unexpected question. I was a little taken aback and little disappointed as she refused to acknowledge me last night. I thought that she was scared. But never in my life I have expected this.

"Please tell me." She almost cried as she shaked my shoulders.

"Yes it's you. You are Shanaya." I told her and a faint smile spread though her lips.

"Do you don't remember anything?" I asked and she shaked her head.

"I see" I said trying to fake a smile but failed.

Looking at her again I saw her shifting as she fell back on the bed again. Turning her back to me she curled up in a ball and started crying.

I could hear her sizzling and whimpers as she cried.