N.A.M.E

****THIS STORY DEFF NEEDS TO BE EDITED LOL SO BARE WITH ME.CHECK OUT RA IF THIS CONFUSES U LOLOLOL.

"Don't look away please, it makes me feel embarrassed too" he said releasing his touch. "Okay, so you tell me your story. Who are you?" I said releasing a sigh.He smiled and licked his lips."Well I'm Lamar, a casual entrepreneur tryin' to get his cheese up in NYC" he said shrugging his shoulders."Where you from?" I asked curious. "Jamaica". That made me smile. It's nice to meet another Jamaican like myself. "What? You like Jamaican men?" He said leaning closer to me. "Not necessarily, I just adore my culture" I stated. "Oh so your Jamaican too" he said excitedly. "Yeah".

I got a thing for you

We continued to talk for hours, getting to know each other. Realizing the time on my phone, I initiated my departure. "Well, Lamar it was definitely nice getting to know you but I gotta go home. I work tomorrow" I said getting up from my chair. "Ah okay well until next time right?" He said striking a smile. I got up from my chair motioning my hand for a handshake. He quickly looked at me funny leaning in giving me a hug. His arms gently wrapped around my waist as I did the same. The scent of cologne filled my nose as I carried a first class seat, smelling all of its delight. Although the moment was quick, it was long and well needed.

'I want you' trailed in my head disturbing my thoughts. I giggled to myself. Making my way to the front door, entering into my shabby one room apartment. Deeply sighing at my current living conditions. I decided to call my best friend of 10 years. It felt like forever since I've spoken to her.

"Hello?"

"Heyyyy, what's going on gurll"

"Nothing much to be honest. I've just been working that's all" I stated

"Ohhh. Bro you should fucking call more often. I miss you" she said

"Janessa chill. I'm just a lil busy but imma call you more often no worries. Oh. I have some sauce"

"You know I got da sauce. You know I'm saucy" she said reciting Rihanna's lyrics

"So I met this dude..."

"OOOOOOOOOOOOOOO YOU FINNA GET SOME DICK. OH MA GAWD"

"Fam, chill nuh man. So anyways like I was saying before I was rudely interrupted. This guy named Lamar met me at the cafe then later tried hit me up at the hookah bar. So when I was at the hookah bar chillin he decides to go to the booth and introduce himself. Now you know I'm not looking for anything right now till I get on my feet. So when I decide to leave he grips me by my wrist and says 'I want you' in my ear"

"OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOO. It's official I'm moving back to New York. This is ridiculous"

"But wait there's more. So I was at the mall today and he was also there..."

"COINCIDENCE I THINK NOT"

I chuckled enjoying the inside joke.

"Anyways, he said I had a pretty smile and of course he still don't have my number"

"Dats a shame. But who knows dis might be da meal"

We both cracked into laughter.I finished talking to her, cracking all types of jokes. Definitely some laughter that was well due.Talking to her always make my day. I remember when we first met in the third grade.By the 10th grade we really grew closer diving into the deeper aspects of our lives.She used to live here but college is what separated us .

No, you don't know my name

It's always a distance that separates the people that I love away from me. I used to live with my family. Our family is pretty wealthy I would say, but me being the ugly end of the stick, Of course I have no involvement in any of their money. We used to live in a nice big house. Me, my brother, and my sister all used function in harmony. Our bonds were incredibly close.

It's sad what money can do to a family. After I decided I didn't want to go to school they dropped me and kick me out of their house. Now that just leaves me here to myself struggling to make a buck work. I've dedicated my life not to just living another day but to make sure that when I see them again they'll remember my name and they'll remember who I really am.

I want them to understand that a dollar bill does not determine who you are as a person. Neither does an education, if I didn't want to go to school I don't understand why they would kick me out for it and cut all connections off with me. I know I'm extremely smart. I know I have the ability to get into an Ivy League school, but I chose not to. I don't want to brainwash my mind like how they went through in order to get money. There's several other ways to get money and a reputation.

My life is hard. It's hard trying to sustain living. It's hard knowing that sometimes you may not have enough money to put food on your plate. It's hard knowing that there may not be enough clothes in your closet. It's definitely hard knowing that your family doesn't even love you. My life is hard but everyday is just another day and I'll prevail because I am me, not who they want me to be.

Karhéजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें