anymore

Does fate despise us?

---

Jimin glanced at the watch on his wrist, tutting when he saw that it was already past noon yet Jungkook hadn't called yet or even made an appearance. The elder would very much like to see his cousin so much.

He already missed the younger.

He bent down and stared at the table to hide his blushing face as he thought of Jungkook's cute face and his bunny teeth.

He was at the cafeteria eating his fries. He sighed as he lifted his head up only to yelp as a hand suddenly covered his eyes. He frowned, but smiled nevertheless as he realized that the soft hand belonged to his bestfriend.

"Yoongi!" he grumbled, but deep inside he was feeling butterflies in his stomach. He was glad that his bestfriend had been the one to save him from Jackson yesterday and who had brought him to the clinic. He was glad that they were friends again.

He heard a chuckle from behind him, flinching a bit as Yoongi ghosted his breath over his nape. His friend now pulled his hand off his eyes and sat on the empty chair across from him. Jimin playfully rolled his eyes as he saw Yoongi's smile; the one that exposed the elder's pink gums. His friend seemed unusually happy today. As far as he knew, they were blue buddies – always glum and depressed.

He arched an eyebrow at his friend, lips tugging up to a smirk.

"What's got you so bright today, hmm? Your gums are sparkling so much they blind me," Jimin teased, flashing a grin while running his fingers through his hair.

Yoongi watched for a bit as if he was awestruck. Jimin snapped his fingers at Yoongi's face, eventually bringing back the pale boy to his senses. Yoongi squinted his eyes.

"I'm always happy," the elder retorted, huffing.

"That's not what I mean, hyung."

The elder gazed at Jimin, a ghost of a smile on his face.

"I'm... just glad that everything's finally okay," Yoongi muttered, playing with his fingers. "We're friends again and we're okay now."

Jimin stared at him for a bit and smiled. He felt his heart clench and he didn't know why.

Was everything really okay?

Was he really okay?

Then a familiar voice in his mind, the one that he had already buried in his heart for his to replay it over and over again, spoke.

"You're okay, hyung."

And Jungkook's face flashed right before his eyes. The younger was grinning at him from ear to ear.

Jimin blinked his eyes repeatedly, not believing what he was seeing.

Jungkook was here, right in front of him.

"You're okay, hyung."

Am I? he thought.

"You're okay, hyung."

I am, he told himself.

"You okay, Jimin?"

He stared at the different face in his eyes now. Yoongi was here now, asking Jimin if he was okay.

This was the difference between Jungkook and Yoongi.

Yoongi had asked him. But Jungkook had answered for him.

And, boy, that had Jimin wanting to see his cousin right now.

And as the elder kept on looking at him with a confused expression, his brown eyebrows furrowing up his blonde hair, Jimin just flashed a forced smile at him.