smile

When you'd fall on me, I would welcome you with open arms

---

"What happened to your arms, oppa?" he heard his little sister ask as she doodled on her drawing book using her crayons, large orbs staring straight at his soul. Jimin thought that that was downright creepy along with the eerie atmosphere the dim lights in the living room had to offer.

Why were the lights not bright enough when they were paying right? Or were they really? He mentally noted to ask his mother of that later.

Glancing at his sister, he blinked at her innocence and hid the marks on his wrists from her view.

"It's nothing, Seul-ah," he said and smiled at the little girl who just sprawled her legs on the carpeted floor in a careless manner, coughing lightly. He covered her with a soft pale red blanket and patted her small head.

"Did Meredith scratch you again?" his mom remarked as she entered the living room carrying drinks and newly-made blueberry pancakes. She gently put it on the coffee table and sat beside him on the floor. Her pale fingers feeling the slightly fresh cuts on his arms, him drawing them back in pain. His mother jutted her lower lip, brows furrowed. Pity.

"Y-yeah... She kind of did. Last night," he lied. Truth be told, he had cut again with Jungkook and his envy for the younger on his mind just earlier in the bathroom. Boys his age would rather do and think of other things in there, but he didn't. He was different from them after all.

"We should throw that cat away or hand her to the center if she keeps doing that to you."

His mother's voice was lacing with worry. He just stared at the hairs on his legs that were trying to free themselves from his slightly ragged shorts. He thought about their cat Meredith and mentally asked for forgiveness for she was an innocent and had never hurt or scratched him a bit ever.

"No. It's... fine, mom. I can handle her just fine," he uttered and shot his arms out to poke at the steaming pancakes. Smiling at his mother, he beamed, "This looks delicious."

His mother, forgetting about his wounds, mirrored him with a smile that was way too big for her face.

"I know, right?"

--

"So I heard you got a fucking maths tutor," Yoongi grumbled from his cup of coffee, showing him a sly smile and writing down both their assignments for English later. They were at the backest back of the library, away from anyone's sight for they were hidden by the shelves. "Damn. Tell me, was she sexy as fuck?"

Jimin rolled his eyes at his friend's colorful words and sipped his own cup. He mentally cursed himself because he remembered he had learned how to say such words, too, for he had gotten it from his pale bestfriend.

"Yes," he hissed at the elder. "He's not a she. And he's not sexy as fuck like what you're thinking."

Yoongi deadpanned. "Too bad."

"And he had to be fucking Jeon Jungkook."

"Really? That's not too bad. We all know he's fucking Einstein's son or something."

Jimin glared at him, nose scrunching in disgust. "That's the point!"

"Then why are you acting like it's such a bad thing, eh?"

"He's my fucking cousin!"

Yoongi stared at him. "No shit, Sherlock. I already know."

He could only let his head fall towards the opened book lying on his lap face-first and hump.