with

We would create a rainbow

---

The sound of his mother's chopping from the kitchen woke Jimin up from his slumber. Glancing up at the clock on the white walls, he sighed as he saw that it was already 7:00 p.m. He kicked his legs off the couch and scrunched his face at the static on the television his little sister was unawarely watching. He went in front of it and turned it off, ears relieving of the quiet. His sister just blinked up at him while coughing and continued to play with her rag dolls.

He didn't get why the television was in a static mode. Had his mother forgotten to pay the bills again? Or had his father forgotten to send them money again for the eighth time now? Where was his father anyway?

"Oh, Jimin, you're awake now?" his mother hollered from the kitchen, the sound of her chopping still echoing throughout their house.

His ears perked. "Yes, mother."

The chopping stopped and a sigh followed.

"Come here, son."

Without a second thought, he made his way inside the kitchen. He smiled a bit the moment he laid his eyes on his mother, but returned to his default, blank one as she started shaking her head at him disapprovingly.

His insides started to boil, heart thumping so hard it could fly out of his chest if he noticed closely.

What wrong had he done now?

"Mrs. Kang called me earlier," his mother started.

He could only shut his eyes close, an image of his Mathematics teacher flashing in his mind.

"She said you'd been failing your math subjects lately."

He only nodded. What else was new?

"Jimin, you know you have to pass that subject. It's for your own good, for your future. You know I'm only looking out for you, right?"

He nodded, calming his heart.

"If only Jungkook was your classmate. He could've helped you then."

And that was it.

He found himself running upstairs to his bedroom. He slammed the door close and dove onto his bed, tears instantly making their entrance through his eyes.

Why could his mother always talk to him about his flaws and bring that name all over again?

When would be the time that that would never happen?

Well, that'd be a never.

For it seemed that every flaw of him was equal to Jungkook's every charm.

Every time that he made a mistake, Jungkook went higher up the hill of worth.

If his world was all dull and black, Jungkook's was white and lively.

They were like the yin and yang; total opposites.

Jimin got out of his bed and made his way inside his bathroom.

He couldn't take it anymore.

All the fake hope he had on himself was now rapidly stripping off him and he feared that. He feared. And that was because everything was not okay. Everything was just a lie.

He let out shaky breaths as he faced the mirror. His eyes were red and puffy, his face void of emotions.

"What are you looking at, ugly?" he spat to himself, smacking the mirror hard.