it

Our love was perfect

---

/listen to All We Know by The Chainsmokers ft. Phoebe Ryan on repeat. It helps./

--

Jimin grumbled at the heavy rain still pouring down on the streets and flooding them, drawing the curtains close. He'd got home an hour ago with Hoseok and Taehyung coming with him. He'd been quite disappointed that Jungkook hadn't been with them, but Taehyung had told him that the boy might be attending a Math Club meeting earlier. And so that was what Jimin had believed.

He sighed as he carded his fingers through his messy orange hair, looking up at the clock on the wall.

It was already 6:00 p.m. and his mother still hadn't arrived yet. If you asked him what she did, he could only shrug at you.

He was thankful now that the lights in their house were now back and brighter than ever, and the fridge was now full of food. He assumed that his mother had paid and bought everything. He could only sigh again as his eyes landed on one of the picture frames that were on top of the table in a corner. He thought of Seulgi and her toothless smile, feeling tiny pins starting to prick his heart. He missed his sister very much.

His eyes started brimming with tears as he looked at all their framed family pictures hung on the walls. He'd already lost his father, then his sister. He didn't know what he would do if his mother left him, too. He could only shake his head as he sobbed.

A beep from his phone was what brought him back to his senses. Opening it, he read his mother's message that was telling him that she might come home late.

He understood.

Thunders rumbled and he found himself jumping from the couch to the carpeted floor in shock, clutching his beating heart.

He tightened his grip on his phone and an idea crossed his mind. He glanced at his phone screen, the corners of his lips tugging up into a smirk as he dialed a familiar number.

He hoped that the younger would pick up the call.

--

Jumping on his feet, he got to the door too excitedly as he heard someone knocking. He opened the door and saw Jungkook on the paved doorway in a red Iron Man raincoat dripping with rain water. The younger was smiling at Jimin, his two front teeth showing like a bunny's. Jimin could feel his heart twitch at the sight. His cousin was just too cute.

"Good evening, Jimin-hyung," Jungkook greeted, still smiling wide.

Jimin giggled at Jungkook's politeness and pulled the boy inside, not forgetting to close the door as soon as the younger was in. He took the raincoat off Jungkook and hang it on a coat hanger hung on a wall.

He faced Jungkook who was just wearing shorts and a t-shirt and hugged him tight.

"I missed you so much, Jungkook," he whispered to the younger's ear, burying his face on the crook of Jungkook's neck. He inhaled the boy's strawberry scent that had his insides tingling.

Jungkook wrapped his arms around Jimin and patted the elder's head.

"I missed you, too," the younger said with a smile.

"Hey, I have something to tell you."

"What is it hyung?"

"Catch me first."

And Jimin started to run fast upstairs and to his room, ignoring Jungkook's shouts from behind him. He giggled as he got to his room and dove onto his bed, covering himself with his vanilla-scented sheets. Without the giggling, this was an act all too familiar to him. But this time, it was a happy one so he just shrugged the thought off.