I

Whenever I tried to get close to you

---

He watched his hyung tap a pen on the notebook as the elder pondered the problems over. Jungkook couldn't help but marvel at how Jimin's forehead creased in confusion, couldn't help his lips lifting up into a small smile at how cute his cousin looked. And at that moment, he silently thanked the heavens for having a cousin like Jimin. But, of course, he wouldn't let him know that just yet. He just... liked his hyung too much.

"Hmm. We already went over this one," he heard the elder grumble under his breath, "right?"

Jungkook peeked at the worksheet on Jimin's lap, the wind blowing some of the sheets over. He smiled at him timidly, hiding his fluttering eyes behind his bangs as he bent a little.

"Yup. And I know you can do that. I believe in you," he replied at the elder, grinning.

Jimin just stared at him for a second, but rolled his eyes as he hunched down to chuckle.

The boy didn't miss the blush on his hyung's face which he thought was adorable.

"You're so cute hyung." He scooted closer to Jimin and lifted his hands to the elder's face to poke his cheeks, laughing loudly.

"Hey, what the fu— w-what are you d-doing?"

His cousin just stared at him with flushed cheeks, nose slightly twitching.

"Nothing. Just touching your cheeks."

"Now why are you doing that?"

"You're just too cute is all."

His hyung flinched a bit which didn't go unnoticed by Jungkook.

"Stop flirting with me," Jimin huffed, staring right at the younger's soul.

"But I'm not, I swear!" Jungkook lifted his palm in the air as if to make a sign of promise.

"Whatever you say, kid. By the way, I'm done."

He grabbed the notebook from his hyung's hand in excitement, Jimin shaking his head in disbelief.

Jungkook checked all the answers and smirked as he saw that the elder had them all correct.

"Impressive," was all he said, lifting his face up to send Jimin a cheeky grin. "You got all correct."

His hyung just smiled so wide his mouth could tear any minute now.

"Really?"

Jungkook found his breath halting for a second as he watched his cousin smiling.

It looked good on the elder. The smile that made creases on his cheeks and near his eyes, that showcased a set of pearly white teeth that could outshine the sun, that turned his eyes into crescents; it suited Jimin.

"You should always do that, hyung," Jungkook beamed.

"Sure. I've always wanted to do this, answering all the problems right. It feels good," the elder said, still smiling wide.

"Not that. I mean, yes, that, too. But that one." Jungkook pointed his forefinger at Jimin's lips, at his smile.

His hyung blinked twice, slowly frowning as he realized what the younger had meant.

"No, no, no. Smile, hyung. It looks good on your face!" he tried to convince Jimin but the elder only shook his head.

"No. I have no time for jokes now, Jungkook."

"But, hyung—"

"I said, enough!"

Jungkook's mouth gaped, but he closed it a second later. The elder just ran a hand through his orange hair, getting to his feet, grabbing his things.