Chapter 12

AN:

Para sa mga gusto akong i-add sa facebook, you can go to my watty profile and just simply click the facebook icon there. Dun ako madalas tumambay para magpost kung kelan ang updates. And also, para sa mga gustong magpadedicate, open pa rin ang offer na yun. Just PM me on either facebook or here in watty with your usernames of course. (Pero mas prefer ko ang facebook para makita ko agad). Tell me which book you want me to put the dedication.

And also, baka may songs kayo na alam na pwedeng i-suggest sakin. Kindly tell me din. Wala kasi akong maisip na good songs. hehehe. Thank you so much, guys! :*

ICE

I looked at her as she lying and peacefully sleeping. She looks like an angel. Hindi ko inexpect na may kakulitan din pala ang babaeng to. I sighed. Clarisse is the girl who has been haunting me in my sleep ever since we met at the plane months ago. I keep on seeing her face in my dreams smiling gently at me.

I looked at her again. Her color came back to normal now. And seriously, she scared the hell out of me when she fell in my arms earlier. I've never been scared in my whole life... And Reese brought it out just now. Nataranta ako ng makita ko syang namumutla the moment we stepped out of the ferris wheel. I should've listened to her when she said that she has an acrophobia. Akala ko excuse nya lang yun para hindi ako samahan sumakay sa rides na yun. Muntik na syang mamatay ng dahil sa pagiging insensitive ko. At baka hindi ako mapatawad ni Tita Cielo--her mom--kung sakaling may nangyaring masama sa anak nila.

Napansin kong unti unti ng nagigising si Reese. And the moment she opened her eyes completely, she looked around her and a frown formed in her beautiful forehead. Just then she looked at me as I held her hand and smiled gently. God! She's okay!

"Where am I?" Nagpalinga linga pa rin sya.

"You're in the hospital, Reese..." Mas lalo syang napakunot ng noo

"Hospital? Why?"

"You just fainted.." I squeezed her hand gently. "But you're fine, Reese. Very much fine. I am so sorry for not believing on you. I just though that you are faking the acrophobia thingy. Hindi ka sana nandito." After she fainted, agad ko syang itinakbo sa hospital na malapit lang sa amusement park. Hindi rin maaccomodate si Reese sa clinic ng amusement park dahil sa mga taong nahilo rin sa rides. And the space is too small.

"Now I remember. Just dont do it next time. I still wanna live longer, you know?" She said playfully. Now I can say she's okay. She's in her normal state already.

"I promise... I just thought you were like Tanya..." Natahimik sya sa sinabi ko. Is it only my imagination or I really said glint of pain crossed her eyes? Pero agad din nawala.

"What do you mean?" She sounds a bit upset. Or am I just overthinking things? Wala naman akong masamang nasabi sa kanya. At imposible naman na yung about kay Tanya. Everybody would be thrilled when they were compared to a supermodel.

"I mean she's into extreme sports and all. Mahilig sya sa rides and I thought na ganun ka rin. But you're unlike her..." She just nodded. Saka unti unting bumangon. Inalalayan ko sya hanggang sa makabangon sya ng maayos. "You need anything?"

"I... I just wanna go home."

We were silent on our way home. Sa labas lang sya nakatingin. Everytime I was making a conversation, tatango at iiling lang sya bilang sagot. Kapag naman tatanungin ko sya, 1 or 2 words and phrases lang ang sagot nya. I just thought na baka hindi pa rin maganda ang pakiramdam nya. Na babalik din sya sa dati.