The Fearless

*Molly's POV*

As quickly as I can I race across the newly formed battle field up to the gates of Erebor. I tie my hair up to keep from my face and glance over my shoulder seeing the Orc army fighting against the Dwarves and Elves. My eyes turn upward as I shout "Fili! Kili! Bifur, Bofur, Bombur, Balin!" But no one answers.

"Anyone?!" I nearly scream.

After a few moments the ladder falls down and there is Fili and Kili looking "I knew you couldn't stay away." the dark haired brother laughs.

Fili motions "Come on! Hurry before the Orcs break through."

I smirk and quickly climb up to the top and am helped up by the brothers. I look around and don't see the dwarves. "Where is everyone?" Kili motions over the other side. I peer down seeing everyone sitting on the steps of stone dressed in their armor.

"Why aren't you fighting?" I ask.

Kili shakes his head "Thorin, he told us to stand back. He has went into the dark parts of Erebor. He's been there for a long time."

I nod and walk past the brothers and start down the stairs.

"Molly!" Fili calls going after me. The rest of the company looks up and Dwalin uncrosses his arms and they seem a little shocked I'm here.

"Molly, stop!" Fili calls again.

I keep walking away hearing the dwarves question.

"What is she doing? Where is she going?" Gloin asks.

"Nori shrugs "I don't know."

"She should be heading back to the Shire!" Ori excalims.

"I'm going to see Thorin." I say as I continue walking.

The company follows "What?! No! You can't. If you go down there and he snaps you'll be a goner for sure!" Bofur says trying to catch up to me.

I shake my head "He won't hurt me, I know he won't."

Balin grabs my shoulder "You can not go! He's dangerous."

I stop and whip around looking at them all. "I'm not leaving him!" I snap.

They all stop and Balin lets me go as they stare at me. I shake my head "I won't do it. I won't! I left him already once. I'm not going to do it again."

The company shifts uncomfortably and I shake my head "He is my friend....and I know that if it were me he would do the same."

They all look sorrowful and stay silent. I smile and grip Balin's shoulder "And I know that I would still be here if it were anyone of you."

With a smile I look at them all and they seem to smile a little more. I nod "But you must trust me. You must let me do this."

They look to one another and then to me and Balin nods "We trust you lass. We'll be here if you need us."

I nod "I will." and I turn away and run into the darkness.

---

I had made it to the steps leading straight up to the throne room. I could hear a voice up there. It sounds haunting, like a ghostly voice and it scares me. My eyes look up into the darkness where the whispers echo from. Before I even take the first step I stop. The fear growing inside of me ceases all movement. I pull back and step away from the darkness and sit down on the bottom step. Sitting there I think about what I would say or what would happen. Would he shout at me? Curse my name? Or worse, would he kill me?