The Battle

*Molly's POV*

We watch the large army approaching as I follow Bilbo and Gandalf to the front of the now turned army of Elves. 

"Who is that? He doesn't look very happy." Bilbo says looking up at the newcoming army. 

Gandalf keeps his eyes up "It is Dain, lord of the Iron Hills - Thorin's cousin." 

As we stop looking at the dwarf on the pig I furrow my brows "Are they alike?" 

Gandalf seems worried and distressed "I always found Thorin the more reasonable of the two." he says defeatingly glancing down to me.

 I groan slapping my hand over half my face "Oh great!" 

The two armies halt a short distance from one another, and Dain rides his pig onto a rocky overlook to address the Elves and Men. 

"Good morning! How are we all? I have a wee proposition, if you wouldn't mind giving me a few moments of your time. Would you consider...just sodding off!"

The townspeople, clutching their weapons, step back in fear, while the Elves pull out their swords and step forward.  

"All of you - right now!" The dwarf shouts. 

I shake my head and look around at everyone and can see Thorin's smug smile looking down from his overlook.  I look at him in sorrow and then to Balin. The elder Dwarf catches my gaze from a distance I leans on the ledge in disbelief. I assume he figured I would be on my way back to the Shire by now but I guess destiny has other plans.

He shakes his head at me and mouths "Go, please." 

I give a sad smile and shake my head refusing. Even if I wanted to still leave there is no way out now. I'm stuck.

Bard holds up a hand "Stand fest!" 

Gandalf strides forward "Come now, lord Dain!" 

Dain looks down "Gandalf the Grey. Tell this rabble to leave, or I'll water the ground with their blood!" 

Gandalf forces a fake smile plastering it onto his face "There is no need for war between dwarves, men and elves! A legion of orcs march on the mountain. Stand your army down!" 

Dain chuckles "I will not stand down before any elf! Not least this faithless woodland sprite!" he gestures toward Thranduil, who looks angry. "He wishes nothing but ill upon my people! If he chooses to stand between me and my kin - I'll split his pretty head open! See if he's still smirking then!" 

Looking back I see Thranduil seeming to be smiling more and I can't help but smile a little as well.  Nervously I stride up next to Gandalf and look to the Iron Dwarf. His eyes look to me and he smirks "Well hello there ye pretty lass! What in the name of Durin are you doing in the midst of this lot?"

I smirk "My lord, I ask for you to please stop this. I know you care for Thorin and if that's true then you will listen to Gandalf. Thorin's mind...he's not himself. Dragon sickness that took over his grandfather, Thror, has now taken Thorin. Please, stand down and let us try and help him."

"How dare you speak ill of my kin!" Dain rumbles "I suppose I'll have to regretfully remove your pretty head from your shoulders right after the Elvish filth if you get in my way!"

"HEY!" The company shouts from the ledge in disdain at their cousins words to me.

The Iron Hill dwarf grumbles "Ah! I didn't really mean it lads! Just a wee half assed threat is all!"