Substitute Sendoff

*Molly's POV*

As I had laid by the fire Thorin had gotten up to converse with the others. I'm exhausted from not sleeping well and still freezing from the icy waters two Dwarf Prince's threw me in. Staring at the fire I remember the camping trips my family use to take. The smores we ate and the stories we shared were the best. Staring at the fire and feeling its warmth my eyes grow heavy and soon I find sleep.

I hear a voice in the distance. It's a voice I can hear in my dreams. A familiar yet distant voice in the dark.

"The lord of silver fountains, The King of carven stone, The King beneath the mountain shall come into his own, And the bells shall ring in gladness at the mountain king's return, But all shall fail in sadness and the lake will shine and burn."

I stand in the old city of Dale. I watch as people sing, dance, and children play. I feel happy here, but as I turn the city is in ruins. Bodies are everywhere and fire surrounds me. There are mothers holding dead babies and children cowering in the shadows. Looking at the ground I see a shadow fly from above me. I look up but see Thorin. He sits upon a throne residing in the center of the town.  His face is grey and he sneers down at me wearing a golden crown. In the blink of an eye, fire fills the square and I see a set of fierce yellow eyes of Smaug. The apparition of the dragon snakes around Thorin's feet as if it were Thorin's own shadow. Looking from the dragon to Thorin I shake my head in disbelief and fear. Pointing directly at me the shadow of Smaug surrounds me. I hear screams as well as my own as I fall to the ground while the fire engulfs me.

Gasping I awaken clutching the blanket around me. The house is dark and the fire is halfway out. In the dimly lit home I see that all the dwarf's pallets are empty and I reside here alone. The door bursts open as Bard rushes in. Bain, Bard's son, walks up to him in worry "Da! I tried to stop them-" 

Bard shakes his head "How long have they been gone!?" 

I quickly stand "They're gone?" 

Bard looks to me fretfully "The Dwarves have left." 

I stand there puzzled "They left? No, they wouldn't leave without-" I then freeze and look at the table. The necklace I had given Thorin for good luck is laying there. I pick it up and feel my heartbreak. They left without saying goodbye.

*Thorin's POV*

"Shh! Keep it down." Dwalin scolds. 

All of us had moved through the night in Lake-town. We need weapons and the armory is the best thing we've got. I motion "As soon as we have the weapons, we make straight for the mountain. Go, go, go!" 

With the watchmen gone, I point to Nori, who gets a running start and runs up a pyramid of dwarves who have pressed themselves against the walls of the armory. He is able to get high enough that he can reach a second-floor window and dive through. 

I nod "Next." 

Bilbo steps up "Shouldn't we have at least told Molly we were leaving? What happens when she awakes and sees were gone?" 

I shake my head at the concerned Hobbit "She's safer there with Bard and his family. When it's all over we will return for her. Now go." 

Bilbo sighs and follows after Nori. One after the other we climb into the window until we're all inside. Looking around at the different weapons and armor I smirk happily "Yes, this will do. Gather what you can but quietly."