- Thirty-Six -

♢ Laura ♢

Oscar went around to each of us, saying a good bye and exchanging a hug. He spent a lot of time with Katie of course. Making sure she had a smile on her face as he finally let go of her and got in the taxi that was waiting for him. 
"Don't panic, I'll be back in a few days for the party. I wouldn't miss it for the world." He winked at us all, keeping up his usual cheeky self. He was shielding his illness as best he could and I didn't blame him either.

He shut the passenger door behind him and the taxi left the camp, taking a right onto the main road.

Katie's face immediately fell, she knew that every moment she spent with him was so important, and I could tell she didn't want to be apart from him, even if it was only for a few days.

I wrapped an arm around her shoulder and pulled her towards me. "Before you know it, he'll be back, twirling you around on the dance floor."

My comment received a small smile. Not exactly what I was aiming for, but it was better than no smile at all. She needed distracting.

Good thing we were leaving to go dress shopping in around half an hour. I think leaving Matt and Ryan alone for a while would be a good thing. They needed some lad time.

Rachel and Katie walked off to get ready. I don't know what they needed to get ready for, it was only shopping.

Matt decided to go to the gym and it was just Ryan and I, stood alone near the camp drop off point.

"Why don't you join your brother?" I gave him a smirk as he walked closer to me.
"And why would I want to do that when you are here?" His reply came hand in hand with a cheeky smile which made me blush.

I still don't think he knew how much of an effect his actions had on me. My heart would flutter even at his presence. Don't get me started on how I feel when he kisses me.

"Well, I assumed you would like to do that sort of thing, have some guy time with your brother." I looked up at him as he held the small of my back with both hands, tugging me a little closer.

"I can do that after you've gone, but we've got half an hour..." He winked at me with a suggestive tone. He was getting so cheeky lately.

Hanging my bottom jaw in shock, I tapped his arm in dismissal.
"The cheek of it!" I spoke back at him, laughing. "Coming from the one who made the promise about waiting in the first place."

"I know, I know, I'm only messing with ya!" He spoke casually and took my hand, interlocking our fingers before we walked to get some early lunch.

Ryan often took me to eat, just to make sure that I was eating. Ever since telling me about Lacey, he has been very watchful of me. I can understand why he does it, so it doesn't bother me that he is particular about making sure that I am eating properly.

Admittedly I had been picking smaller portions since meeting Ryan. It wasn't anything to do with his sister but I hadn't been as hungry as before. I guess it was love sickness! I didn't want to admit that to Ryan though and he had never seen my portion sizes before we met so he wouldn't know any different.

Ryan picked up four ham and cheese sandwiches, a packet of crisps and a bottle of coke. Whereas, I picked up two tuna sandwiches and a glass of orange juice.

We sat across from each other engaging in general conversation, we still had so much to find out about each other, I still barely knew the guy. Yes, I had been at school with him for years but that's all I knew. He was the hot, sporty and popular guy.