- Twelve -

♢ Ryan ♢

I felt so much better after I told Laura about Lacey. It's like someone has lifted such a big weight from my shoulders, we've kept it bottled up for so long as brothers, and now I've told one person, I want to tell more people the truth. I don't even care if it makes our parents hate us, everyone needs to know the truth and I don't want anything like that to happen to anyone, especially people I care about.

After my late night talk with Laura at the lake I went to bed with a smile on my face. I am prepared to change my ways in order to prove to Lacey I can be a better person. In all honesty I still felt terrible about having sex with Jane. I didn't even like her, we used to be a regular thing but after our massive fall out before school finished, I promised myself I wouldn't go back to her. I know that Jane is not what I want anymore.

I could see something positive and bright with Laura. 

And that's why I was now on my way to put things with Jane to a stop for good. I didn't want her to think that things would pick up from where they left off because I fell for her tricks again. I was done with her. 

I knocked on Jane's cabin roughly. She opened almost immediately with a smile on her face. 
"Hey baby!" She tried to come towards me for a hug. I had other ideas and pushed her shoulder away, shaking my head. 

"This needs to stop." 
"What are you on about?" She frowned and folded her arms across her chest, trying to catch my attention to that area of her. 

"I meant what I said when school finished." I backed away from her a little to create some space. "I'm done with this." I gestured between us. "I'm sick of messing around with you, it's not doing me any good and all you ever want to do is sleep with me!" 

"That's not true!" She protested softly, trying to grab my hand which I swiftly moved away from her, placing it behind my back. "You mean so much more to me than that Ryan!" She was trying to win me back and I had heard this so many times over. 

"ENOUGH!" I shouted at her. "Ever since we met, you changed me, I lost some of my best friends because I was brainwashed by YOU!" Her face was a picture and a half. Her jaw falling down as low as it could go and her eyes as wide as dinner plates. 

"What a load of shit, you wanted to be with me!" She laughed sarcastically. 

"If I could go back and never meet you, I would!" I huffed towards her, knowing that it would piss her off even more. "I'm a fucked up person Jane, and I blame most of that on you." 

"Well, you would probably still be the lonely virgin you were when I met you." She fired back at me with a smirk. Her words never made a cut anymore. 

"And I would much prefer it that way too!" I finished our conversation and walked away. It was true, I would still be the quiet person I was when she met me. She flipped my life around, I went to parties, she took my virginity at fifteen and turned me into the so called bad boy I had been known as ever since. 

I felt better now I had finally ended it with her, but I knew I still had to put up with her being on campus for the rest of our time here. I'd still have to face her for another four weeks or so. 

---

Today was Rugby VS American Football day. I was actually buzzing for the matches and I hoped that Laura would come to watch, I know Rachel will be staying to watch Matt play so a part of me needed to be on top form in case she was there.

All of the Rugby students from England and all of the American Football students from America would be competing with each other at each other's sport. Matt and I were very competitive when it came to our favourite sport so we were aiming to win. I had just finished getting changed into the blue and black kit for our team.