- Thirty-Three -

♢ Ryan ♢

I knew I should have listened to Matt, he warned me about Joel and I didn't listen.

Joel was arrested. After telling Rhi what happened, the police were called and they caught Joel making his way out of the camp grounds. They took his DNA and it was a perfect match to that found on the evidence. He should have been caught much sooner than this and I shouldn't have been so blind to his behavior.

Even though the culprits had been caught, Laura was re living her attack again. She had nightmares last night which woke us all up when she screamed. There was nothing I could do for her, I just held her and hoped it was enough to heal her wounds.

Coming to this camp has been nothing but bad news for all of us since we stepped foot in the grounds. The only good thing that has come out of it for me is Laura herself. I've been falling harder and harder for her every day, and it's only a matter of time before I can't wait any longer to ask her an important question.

That would have to wait right now, she needed to feel better. I stayed in her cabin last night, she didn't sleep at all after waking up from the nightmare. I stayed up with her and we talked about anything and everything to take her mind away from Jane and Joel.

She finally fell asleep at around six in the morning and I slowly drifted off with her too.

---

I was awoken to the sound of someone clearing their throat. Pulling Laura closer to me as she lay on my chest, I opened my eyes and realized who was standing at the end of my bed.
"Shit."

"Shit indeed Ryan." Rhi didn't look impressed at all. I looked around the room and saw that the others were already up and out of the cabin so I turned to the clock next to the bed and saw that it was gone eleven in the morning.
"I can explain." I sat up and gently moved Laura as she was still in a deep sleep.
"You don't have to explain anything. I know she's had a rough time but please don't do anything stupid, hearing about what your brother does in his spare time with Rachel is bad enough." She rolled her eyes and smirked at me.
"Now get up, you've already missed an activity this morning." She continued and began to leave the cabin.
"Thanks." I said, feeling guilty that I had been caught in Laura's cabin.
"Don't make me regret going easy on you." She spoke more seriously before closing the door.

I turned back to Laura and smiled at her. She was at peace while she was sleeping, she was away from her fears and all I wanted was to make sure she didn't get hurt anymore.

Her skin was too irresistible and I couldn't help but lean back down towards her and gently kiss her shoulder. She began to stir in her sleep and automatically reached out for me.
"We need to get up Laura." I whispered and she almost instantly shook her head and grabbed my t-shirt, pulling me towards her. I was unable to hide the grin from my face. She eventually opened her eyes.

"What time is it?" she questioned and proceeded to rub her eyes.
"Nearly midday." I replied to her and got up from the bed to put some trousers on. "Are you kidding?" She sat up in alarm. "I need to stop laying in."
"Not kidding bub, at least Rhi didn't wake me up by standing at the end of your bed." I commented, the sarcasm evident in my tone.

Her eyes widened when she realised that Rhi had infact been in her cabin just moments ago.
"Oh man, what did she say?" Laura lowered her voice a little as she got out of bed in search of some clothes.

"Well." I began and walked up to her with a grin plastered across my face. "She didn't say I couldn't sleep in here with you." I spoke in almost a whisper and lightly kissed her lips. She quickly deepened the kiss and I knew this would end up going further than it needed to unless I put a stop to it.